navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Should She Get Parole?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Should She Get Parole? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2002-06-28 06:17 PM

For those who are old enough to remember, or who have read about the Manson family or seen a movie about them...do you think Leslie Van Houten should be paroled?
http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/28/manson.family.parole/index.html

© Copyright 2002 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-06-28 08:51 PM

Sorry, but no.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2002-06-28 09:15 PM

Mixed feelings. Probably not.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2002-06-29 01:53 PM

quote:
Van Houten was convicted for her role in the Manson family's 1969 murders of Leno LaBianca, a wealthy grocery store owner, and his wife, Rosemary. Prosecutors said Van Houten stabbed Rosemary between 14-16 times in the back, although Van Houten has maintained Rosemary was already dead when she began stabbing her.

Van Houten also was convicted of conspiracy in the butchering of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four others at Tate's Beverly Hills home.

Charles Manson and three other followers, Charles "Tex" Watson, Susan Atkins and Patricia Krenwinkel, were convicted and sentenced to death for their part in the Tate-La Bianca murders. The sentences were later commuted to life when the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the death penalty in the 1970s. All five remain behind bars.

I believe that keeping them all behind bars is the appropriate decision'~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
           noles1@totcon.com                       

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-06-29 03:33 PM

sigh...I LIKE her...I hate what she did, but I understand drug-induced madness and hero-worship-induced mind control.

But?

SURPRISE....

I'm not that easy.

"Too bad. Too sad."

I LIKE her..but MURDER?

really pisses me off...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Should She Get Parole?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary