navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » The Future
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Future Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jbaker
since 2001-02-16
Posts 74
Australia

0 posted 2001-03-09 04:52 AM

If only we could forsee
of what the future
for us maybe.
Wouldn't it be splendid
to know what our maker
has in store
and how our life ended?

© Copyright 2001 Jocelyn Baker - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2001-03-09 06:54 AM

Jos; I don't think so....we'd probably run screaming! Unless we only got to know the good stuff! lovely poem...Love, Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
2 posted 2001-03-09 07:10 PM

I don't think so eithier if I knew the day I died i'd count the days up to it, but nice thoughts tho.

Don't ever give in, if you do you've lost everything you've ever had and everything you hope to gain, but if you carry on your already winning.

jbaker
since 2001-02-16
Posts 74
Australia
3 posted 2001-03-09 10:35 PM

Sorry guys...but I disagree with you both...I think it would be good..then we could plan our lives and live it to the fullest.But to each his own!
Jos

Smile and the whole world smiles with you. Keep smiling!

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
4 posted 2001-03-12 03:25 AM

hi jbaker,

it will be nice, i guess but i can't do this(ie. knowing the day of my death)...i believe i will be too preoccupied with the day of my death itself(like Moon Dust) that i forget to appreciate the pleasures of life

thought-provoking poem though..and i like the succinct way in which you brought such thoughts out

WEEBEE3
since 2000-09-28
Posts 36

5 posted 2001-03-14 01:43 AM

This is a thought provoking little piece that you share with us here,-how many actually, if given the chance would opt for the pleasure and the burden of knowing their life & death in preview- and how would that effect their choices and their ability to live their life effectively? So weighty thoughts, indeed. Thanks for giving us cause to pause and reflect.
Ribbit--Just live it

3 Frogs are better than one! (Ü)(Ü)(Ü)

[This message has been edited by WEEBEE3 (edited 03-14-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » The Future

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary