navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » The Derelict
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Derelict Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Solstice Son
since 2000-09-19
Posts 469

0 posted 2001-02-21 06:44 PM

Derelict
its stands there
cold and empty now
I won't cry for it again
it's not right somehow

Once
it was beautiful
so fair to be seen
but now, tis a derelict
not more than memory or dream

Sometimes
I linger here
trace the old familiar lines
splinters in my fingers
from the broken posted signs

CAUTION!!
THIS PLACE CONDEMNED!!
ALL WHO ENTER HERE BEWARE!!
The red paint of the warning signs
angry at me glares

Whisper
hear the echoes as
through the empty chambers roar
then shiver in the stillness
tis a Derelict once more

~Which way did They go? How many of Them were there? I MUST find Them!! I AM THEIR LEADER!!~

Author Unknown..well at least to me..:)

© Copyright 2001 Adam M.M. Stevanovic' - All Rights Reserved
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
1 posted 2001-02-21 07:56 PM

things get old, worn, and finally give up the ghost to change and new beginnings..we are sorry to see them go for they are like old friends, never to be forgotten. a nice piece of nostalgia here, Sol.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

twilah
since 2000-09-25
Posts 91
Maine, USA
2 posted 2001-02-21 08:16 PM

It is sad to realize we can't go back again. Sometime we have to try..to find this out. Such truth in this poem. But we are very fortunate to have our memories....
kcsgrandma
since 2000-09-24
Posts 1522
Presque Isle, ME
3 posted 2001-02-21 11:29 PM

Interesting how when we go back to things they are not like we remembered them. It's the same with people, too, sometimes. Memories are nice to have, but we have to live in the now. I enjoyed reading this.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
- Les Miserables

Marilyn

Wikket
since 2000-01-29
Posts 340
Santa Clara, CA USA
4 posted 2001-02-22 10:04 AM

Such truth in your words Soul...ah, how I tried to capture the places that offered me much enjoyment in my youth, but to no avail. Time marches on so to speak. Great work! *CLAP CLAP*

~~Jamie

I mean the opposite of what I say. You've got it now? No, it's the other way. ~Bruce Bennett

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
5 posted 2001-02-22 07:25 PM

So true

~Maria~

Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2001-02-22 07:36 PM

It is hard to keep old memories new.It is nice to look back and remember though. I lived in an old home when i was little and they eventually tore it down.It reminds me of my thoughts about it.It is a medical centre now. Not my childhood home anymore.Just memories.good poem sol
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
7 posted 2001-02-24 09:38 AM

You do have a way with words that really puts a picture is your mind. Saw that old house, but suspect the house could represent so many things. Did you know that in the olden days a widow lady was refered to as a relick. I hope I spelled that right if not you know what I mean.
Solstice Son
since 2000-09-19
Posts 469

8 posted 2001-02-26 08:18 AM

Hiya everyone....

Ok ..my big confession time..the truth about this poem.....

I am eccentric (( if you've read any of the Squatch poems you know ))..and in truth..
I like the word Derelict...it kinda rolls off the tongue...so I wrote a poem..on purpose I never said what it was...

and to my great pleasure....you all read it...and everyone came away with something.somee memory..some hint of regret...

words mean things...and in a world where meaning has been watered down and filtered....

i am happy to say that its the Poets of the Forums....

...who still give a damn and think about what they read...

love you all.

Sol

~Which way did They go? How many of Them were there? I MUST find Them!! I AM THEIR LEADER!!~

Author Unknown..well at least to me..:)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-02-28 02:01 PM

I really liked this......I gave a damn about it a lot haha.

Nicely written here Son!!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » The Derelict

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary