navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » My Apologies
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Apologies Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Artemis
since 2000-12-31
Posts 15
Toronto,Ontario,Canada

0 posted 2001-01-02 06:38 PM

I quickly wrote this poem last night over an argument that I had with a friend of mine. We were both very upset with one another and a lot of hurtful words were exchanged. At the present moment we are not talking and I do not know whether we ever will again. However, I am very sorry for the things I have said and done although we are both at fault.

MY APOLOGIES

I'm sorry that I hurt you,
for that was something I never intended to do.
I wanted to explain to you how I was feeling,
but instead I lashed out only my anger as a way of dealing.
I want to take back all the hurtful things that I said,
and replace them with this apology instead.

One thing you must realize though, is that you hurt me too,
you have to also see it through my point of view.
We don't agree on this situation that neither of us could control,
If I could, I would turn back the hands of time and have assumed a different role.

It isn't fair for you to have to deal with this situation alone,
we are both at fault and for my actions I do atone.
I am very remorseful for the hurtful things I've said,
For cutting and wounding your heart just to see if you bled.
I am truly sorry although now it may be too late,
I give you my apologies and for your forgiveness I await.

© Copyright 2001 Diane - All Rights Reserved
Wikket
since 2000-01-29
Posts 340
Santa Clara, CA USA
1 posted 2001-01-02 06:52 PM

I think it is an excellent apology...I hope you two can reconcile!  

~~Jamie  

I mean the opposite of what I say. You've got it now? No, it's the other way. ~Bruce Bennett

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

2 posted 2001-01-02 06:54 PM

Artemis, sometimes, it isnt only the argument that we are sorry for, but also the guilt that comes afterwards.

Why don't you give this lovely poem to your friend?

Good luck!

Maree  

"If my words could blanket the skies
and fill every corner and crevice of
this earth, still this wouldn't be enough"
"Maree Russo"

Artemis
since 2000-12-31
Posts 15
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
3 posted 2001-01-02 07:05 PM

I agree with you 100%. That's exactly how I am feeling. I am debating if I should give this poem to him because I think it is better if we are no longer friends. We weren't close friends, I've only known him for less than 3 months, but I am sorry and I do feel guilty for the things I've said. Other than that I have nothing else to say to him. This may not make much sense to you, but it is such a long story. The bottom line is that I tried to be a friend to him whereas he wanted to be more. We do not see eye to eye. He just doens't understand and won't accept this. This is the sole reason why we cannot be friends. I think it is better this way.
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
4 posted 2001-01-03 12:42 PM

I would not send a poem of this length to this person under the circumstances you describe..a rhyming poen might just add insult to injury..a simple straightforward apology for your words would serve you better if you intend to cut the cord as you have indicated..good luck.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » My Apologies

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary