navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » View from Above - A Dedication to Poet deVine
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic View from Above - A Dedication to Poet deVine Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Little_Spyro
since 2000-01-09
Posts 659
San Diego, CA, USA

0 posted 2000-03-01 04:57 PM

Poetic and angelic one,
Watching from a distance,
Little speck, a mini sun
With no visual resistance
Keeping track of all the things
That go on at this site,
Poems and posts and more she brings
Through many a day and night.

You can tell she's there, she keeps running
A lot of forums and posts with cunning!
She's here and there with a kind reply,
And even though I don't mean to pry--
How does she do everything?

Well, I think it might be because
She's got so much life, and this place she loves;
I wish I could be like her in a way,
She's one of the reasons that here I stay!

I think that you can all agree
That others here, not only me
Think somewhat highly of Poet deVine.
Her light through this site can really shine!  

Little Spyro T. Dragon

© Copyright 2000 Sam Reinsford (Little_Spyro) - All Rights Reserved
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL
1 posted 2000-03-01 05:03 PM

Spyro - it's a little late to aske if Devine is a she or not, isn't it!!!?     
You write so well, honoring people with their own individal poems and entertaining us as only you can!!  Keep up the good work.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-03-01 05:34 PM

perfect poem for PoetD sam..
you are outdoing your self today jm

Now for me some words come easy
But I know that they don't mean that much
Compared with the things that are said when lovers touch
You never knew what I loved in you
I don't know what you loved in me
Maybe the picture of somebody you were hoping I might be...
Jackson Browne
*I miss you baby...
I love you...always.

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 posted 2000-03-01 06:12 PM

Sam, this is great and I'm sure Sharon will love it  
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2000-03-01 07:17 PM

Thank you! I have never been welcomed here as I was here in the beginning...so your sweet poem was a treat for me.

As you may know, I am here in the background most of the time. I may not reply to your work, but I read it. I try to read and reply to at least one or two poems in each forum each day. I also read the other forums... actually I start at the bottom of the page and read up...I read Moderator if there's a message there..then I read the Mentor/Teen Lounge...etc..upwards...I like the discussion forums for that's where I can find out what's going on in someone's life..or enter into a good discussion about life or poetry. I enjoy reading the English Workshop as it gets silly in there, but there is also a lot of good info being posted.

I read the Prose, Spiritual, Dark, Adult, Pub, Critical Analysis and Open Forums last..for this is where I get to see if we have any new members (always exciting) and see some of the current poetry/prose.

I am on ICQ as I read and keep in touch with many of the friends I've made here..plus checking my email...once a week or so, I go to the main site and read poetry there...for that's where I first found Passions...

This is probably more than you wanted to know, but I thought you'd like to see what my evening is like (when I get home from that job that pays the bills)...

I enjoy all of you here and in the other forums..I hope you'll take advantage of the workshops and discussion forums when you can and if you ever need a quick answer, I'm only an ICQ message away!

I am female...and do appreciate every word of your poem! My name is 'the vine'..I thought about my poetry as a vine with many leaves (poems)..that twines around someone's heart or mind or soul and makes them think about life..

Thanks again Sam, you are a very special dragon...

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 03-01-2000).]

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2000-03-02 10:14 AM

A wonderful dedication to a wonderful poet!

Denise

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2004-12-25 09:09 AM

perfect!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » View from Above - A Dedication to Poet deVine

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary