navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Where Is He?
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where Is He? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ThyWizard
since 2000-08-06
Posts 56
Chambersburg, PA, USA

0 posted 2000-11-10 09:26 PM

Generations come and pass just as fast,
into hollow graves bodies are cast.
Is there a God? Where is he?
People suffer, crying for help! Where is he?
The world’s corrupt and falling apart,
he wants us to change our ways, but won’t help us start.
He just sits watching the world corrode,
sees us heading down Hell’s lonely road.
People are dying! Where is he?
They say he’s watching from up in the sky,
so much pain! and he’s just standing by?
Just watches, letting us do wrong,
the righteous road is slow and long.
So much evil! Where is he?
Gave us freewill, trouble’s ours alone,
are you God? how’s this known?
It’s not. It’s just what we think,
so wash the lies down the sink!
There’s no God, he doesn’t exist,
and if he does, he’s really pissed.
Corrupting his “word”!? So where is he?
There’s no God, there never was,
or he’d be helping like he supposedly does.
But instead we suffer from all the pain,
things in the world drive some people insane.
Violence, hatred, and racism too,
are we all as ignorant as you?
Made in your likeness, that must be it,
life’s a joke and some people quit.
Where are you God? Why aren’t you here?
to stop the pain, suffering, and fear?
You think there is? Well where is he?
He’s not there, against all that you thought,
why would he leave us? and let us to rot?
There’s no God, there can’t be,
it’s so obvious, you need to see.
If there’s a God, where is he?
but there isn’t, cuz where is he?

" If who i am is what i have and what i have is lost, then who am I? " - unknown

Thy Wizard

© Copyright 2000 Michael J. Lentini - All Rights Reserved
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
1 posted 2000-11-11 06:10 AM

Friend,
I hear the pain and disillusionment in your words here. I am sadden for you, for I do believe there is a God, who is here, who does care, who does allow man to make his own decisions, and to reap his own consequences, and yet a God, not to be blamed for the miseries suffered by mankind
by the entrance of sin into the world, and perpetuated by it's practice,in rebellion to
His Loving will for us. No He is rather to be
thanked for having done so much for us already-even the giving of His Son for our Salvation and our Peace, and our Hope--of the best more PerfectLife to come where sin has not part or place.I truly hope in time,
you may come to discover His presence and Goodness in your life.   David

Dennis L. White
since 2000-02-17
Posts 1463
Michigan, U.S.A.
2 posted 2000-11-11 11:02 AM

Wizard,
  God does exist and it is in him we live and move and have our very being. Having given us free will, he forces none of us to do things his way, but it is only in submission to his will that we find the peace and happiness that the world cannot offer. Seek him while he may be found. Peace unto you my brother.
Dennis :^)  

Moonbeams radiate
When the veiling cloud has passed
Playful shadows dance

Dennis L. White :^)

kcsgrandma
since 2000-09-24
Posts 1522
Presque Isle, ME
3 posted 2000-11-11 11:30 AM

Wizard, you ask questions and I have heard many times, both in real life and on the 'net.  Perhaps they are questions we all need to ask at some point.  It is easy for those of us who sit in comfort at our computers to say that life is good, and a gift from God, but there are many who are not so blessed.  Nevertheless, there are evidences of His goodness and His caring for those who are willing to see them.  Many here can tell you of His work in their lives.  I hope you find your answers, and with them, peace.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
- Les Miserables

Marilyn

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
4 posted 2000-11-11 12:46 PM

I belive hes there too. Sometimes it seems like hes not. So much pain because he gave us freedom to prove ourselves. And death so we could appricate life more. But that doesnt mean hes not there.

Sometimes you have to let go and move on,
But never let go of the memories.

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
5 posted 2000-11-12 08:44 PM

I have seen the enemy and he is me.To paraphrase John Fitzgerald Kennedy, "ask not what God can do for you but what you can do for God"

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
6 posted 2000-11-12 10:47 PM

wizard..i have read this more than once in the past 2 days--not sure how to respond sufficiently..but i'll say this....

i'm a fairly new mother..and if you were to ever watch the miracle of a baby growing, and being born of another human being..WOW!  my God is an awesome God my friend..truly awesome..its unfathomable to me how one could think there is not a GOD...i believe there certainly is a kind and loving God..and he is not of controlling nature--he does allow you to make your own decisions..just as any good father would do, for he knows it is in the mistakes you make that you truly learn--and that you are able to appreciate the goodness in life..
i believe God allows us also, a time to question..many times, if necessary--to ask if hes there..i once heard this from a youth pastor:

"hey God!  what are you doing God!!"

"i'm busy lovin' you right, do you mind?"

it hits home for me..we may wonder just what hes doing up there..we may wonder if hes there at all..but i believe he is..and when it seems hes not paying attention..hes busy holding us..loving us..cause thats the kind of thing we need at the time..  

i hope you find your answers friend..

peace..dg

"so lift your heart with mine...the depth to which it grieves is the height to which it can celebrate!" -Lisa Hussey

ThyWizard
since 2000-08-06
Posts 56
Chambersburg, PA, USA
7 posted 2000-11-12 11:15 PM

I just wanted to take some time and say thanks to everyone who has replied.  I greatly appreciate the support and advice that you are all giving me...it has really given me an awful lot to think about.  I'm sure you all understand that being a teenager is difficult enough...but having a spiritual crisis and many in lfie itself..make it that much more difficult...the support and all is very much appreciated...and thank you all  

" If who i am is what i have and what i have is lost, then who am I? " - unknown

Thy Wizard

Jon Mewett
since 2000-03-04
Posts 1304

8 posted 2000-11-13 04:46 AM

Everyone has their own path to tread........some paths are shorter some are longer ...some winding some straight.....some are never ending.......if and when you reach your journey's end YOU'LL KNOW.

Travel on

Jon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Where Is He?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary