navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Push you away...
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic Push you away... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand

0 posted 2000-08-12 09:15 PM

Untitled.. please help! ^_^ Any suggestions are more than welcome..

I'm so far away,
Don't think that you can reach me.
I'll always keep you distant,
Just so you can't hurt me.

You'd never want to be close to me anyway.

I've always built my walls too tall,
And I know I'll never break them.
But perhaps I'll lend a ladder,
If only you would stay,
When I push you away.

-Lynne

© Copyright 2000 Lynne Miura, née Chudley - All Rights Reserved
DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
1 posted 2000-08-12 11:24 PM

Lynne,

I used to do this a lot. I'm praying I dont start doing this ever again. I have *sorta* come to grips with the idea that when I push people away I'm the only one who gets hurt.

Dawn

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-08-12 11:32 PM

You'll only perhaps lend a ladder? (just teasing )  I really enjoyed this poem.
dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
3 posted 2000-08-12 11:49 PM

ah yes...the agony is your own when you push them away..love is a risk dear friend--
"it hurts so good"  

how about "when i push you away" for a title?

good writing, i like it  

dg

"Half of what i say is meaningless; but i say it so that the other half may reach you."
-Kahlil Gibran

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
4 posted 2000-08-13 03:50 AM

Thank you Dawn.. yeah, hehe.. too true.. well I don't do this so much now, just feels like it inside sometimes.. ^_^

Lakewalker.. hehe, okok.. I will lend a ladder.. *_^ that better? ^^ For all my poet friends, I've got a little secret door, so they don't need ta climb.. k? ^_^
Yeah, just sometimes a little hard to think, that u have to make the first move.. ie, lend someone the ladder, hehe..

Thanx dg.. ^_^ yeah..
Well this poem was never really aimed for someone I love, because I know if they are a good friend, like such that I have found in some special people, they wont run.. and I wont need to build a wall..
Just sometimes, someone u don't know quite as well will run if u push them.. and it's all been a waste of time, trying to break down your wall for them, 'coz it's down just enough to be hurt by it..
I am so pleased you like this one..  
And thank you for the suggestion for title, it's so perfect, hehe.. 'coz that's exactly 'when'... ^_^

Thank you all!!

Love,
Lynne

jamesjiao
since 2000-04-12
Posts 268
Backwaters of Avalon
5 posted 2000-09-03 07:16 PM

lynne,

I would probably dig a tunnel and give you a startling surprise. Or probably hack the password to the secret door's entry.

- James
The beauty of nature is displayed,
not through itself,
but through the creatures
dwelling within its bosom.

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
6 posted 2000-09-04 01:51 AM

Hehe, yeah I can just imagine you would do that James..
actually, u pretty much already did surprise me, hehe.. walls aren't built ta be c through.. tho.. it can be an advantage
i GUESS.. ^^

thanx..
-Lynne

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
7 posted 2000-09-04 01:58 AM

Build the walls...then supply the ladder..maybe..LOL  I'd say this is Paradox a la Femme..

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
8 posted 2000-09-04 05:40 AM

cos only people who really care will make use of the ladder

Yu Lan,always enjoyed reading your thoughtful pieces and this one is no exception

Lady Lost
since 2000-07-13
Posts 470

9 posted 2000-09-04 08:53 AM

It is so much easier to do...push people away when we are too afraid of possible heart break...and we find ourselves making reasons to push, even when there is none.  I do it all the time.  I am realizing now that by doing that, I am letting all the people who have hurt me in my past win...by not letting others in my heart who truly care, because of the pain the others have caused in the past........beth

"And I still believe you can never have too much fiction because reality is such a bore..."
- REA

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
10 posted 2000-09-04 12:08 PM

Lynne,
  This is incrediable!! Awesome! Great logic and poem. Thanks for this one, a keeper for sure!  Wonderful. Marcy

[This message has been edited by Alle'cram (edited 09-04-2000).]

Honey Bunch
since 2000-08-08
Posts 99
South Africa
11 posted 2000-09-04 02:32 PM

Made me think a bit when reading this.  Amazing how "brave" we can be in so many situations in life but tremble at the thought of "breaking our walls" down.  
Thanks for the read!

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
12 posted 2000-09-05 12:02 PM

Pegasus.. yeah, I guess so. ^_^ I like writing with paradox.. I didn't percieve that of this piece tho.. ^^ thanx 4 reading!

Kaile.. yeah.. tha's right.. ^^ hey thanx Kaile.. ^_^ Yes.. I enjoy reading your poetry too.. (sorry, i don't always reply.. =P)

Beth.. ^^ well of course u r right. ^^ thanx Beth.. I guess I just have ta keep remembering that, mm?!  

Thanx for the awesome Marcy! (hehe, and the incredible and great..) *_^

Honey Bunch.. yeah.. big brave humans.. *_^ thank you.. (btw.. I'm watching your poetry.. *_^ I love your writing.. ^_^)

"strong when behind thy walls... come out, see how brave thou art then!!"

Love,
Lynne

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Push you away...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary