navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Faith Is Believing...............#1
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Faith Is Believing...............#1 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois

0 posted 2000-03-22 09:41 PM

This is repost from forum #1, though I wrote this poem quite a while ago, and don't think it's one of my better ones...but nontheless.  I hope you enjoy it.

Faith is believing that God is real,
It's something no-one can take or steal.
Faith is believiing His words are true,
That He sent His Son for me and you.
Faith is believing when we're tried, and blue,
That the One who promised, will always come through.
For the lowly and poor, for the humble and meek,
For all those that will sincerly seek.
Not just in bad times but good times too,
The Lord is watching over you!

For when you seek, you shall find,
The wealth of knowledge He gives in time.
So study His word it is the key,
To unlocking His wonderful mystery.
For faith is the key to unlock the doors,
To claiming the things He's promised and more.
For Jesus died and left a will,
He didn't leave and unpaid bill.
He paid the price, it's full cost,
For all who hunger and are lost.
So study His word and turn the key,
Unlock His TRUTH to eternity.

Thanks to God for the inspiration

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 03-22-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 WhtDove - All Rights Reserved
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
1 posted 2000-03-22 09:53 PM

I see no reason to apologize for this one.  It is a great statement in support of Believing squarely based on God's word, and the rhyming is good,too.  There is nothing to apologize, other than not reviving it sooner!  Thank you,   David

"Our Creativity points to a Higher Creator--we couldn't have just happened, and for what ability we may possess--to God be the glory." -dlw-

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
2 posted 2000-03-22 10:32 PM

Wonderful Whtdove. I search everyday for my keys and here you've written the path to them. I might lose it sometimes, but he gets me back on track. You all help me so much in that too. Thanks for sharing this great poem.
Sincerely,
Rwood.

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
3 posted 2000-03-22 11:04 PM

Dearest Rebecca; How can you possibly apologize for such a magnificent poem that was obviously written by the Holy Spirit shinning right through your heart as you wrote it? Answer me that! Love ya lots, Ellie

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 2000-03-22 11:39 PM

David thank you. Though I wasn't quite apologetic, just saying I don't think it was one of my better ones. I did try to do it biblically, and I guess I shouldn't say not one of "my" better ones.  For it was inspired by God!  So I should just say THANK YOU!

R as long as you move back to the right path, you can't go wrong.    Keep truckin

Ellie, thank you sweet one! It was inspired, by God, He said I wrote...this is what came to me! Thanks  

Stephen Jones
since 2000-02-26
Posts 53

5 posted 2000-03-23 12:56 PM

Whtdove,

Wow isn't it cool how some of our "not so favorite" poems can really touch people?  Thankyou all for your responses to my "Of Butterflies" which is a poem I almost ditched into file 13.  
    Anyway I really loved the flow of meter and rhyme here in your poem, the encouragement woven throughout, and the practical applications I see planted in there (like seeds).  Keep posting your disliked poems!  I disagree with your opinion on that one!  

erieval
since 2000-03-21
Posts 56
northeasten pa.
6 posted 2000-03-23 06:52 AM

Dear Whdove,
You are so right, faith is believing. I think that the thing that we forget instead of believing in, we should believe God. It is sometimes hard for us to understand His word and so, it's hard to believe. This is a truely wonderful poem, I just loved it. We don't always need fancy words to express our thoughts, and aren't we blessed that He speaks through us. May you always have the faith of believing expressed in this poem.
Bless you,
Erie

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
7 posted 2000-03-23 10:51 AM

Stephen it amazes me, it sure does. I don't know about you guys, but when ya look at your own poetry it seems small in comparison with others.  I'm thankful though, for that is why I wanted to share it. That it may make a difference to other people.
As for your butterfly poem, I thought it quite beautiful! Im glad you didn't toss it.
Thanks much Stephen, and I'm glad you disagree.  

Erie, your right we should believe God, even through things we don't understand. His word is of His plan and mind, and studying that word, which yes, can be difficult, but there are tools out there to help us understand that.
It was written...Heb. 10:7  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me.) to do thy will, O God.

From beginning to end it is written about Him. I look at it this way, He has given us everything, done all things for US...what does he ask for in return?  That we believe, and how do we get to understand God? By reading what is written. He wrote us a letter, we should read it. If our friends wrote us a letter, would we not open it? Praying and trying, and when we seek, we shall find. It comes in time, and when He sees that our efforts are sincere, then He gives you that knowledge. For all wisdom comes from Him.  
Geez, I think I've rambled on long enough here. Thank you! I hope you always keep the faith you have also, and when it comes from the heart, those words, often enough are better than fancy words.  God Bless ya!

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

8 posted 2000-03-23 11:37 AM

This is wonderful, Rebecca, and it is one of my favorites of yours! What a beautiful statement of faith!! I especially loved the lines
'For Jesus died and left a will
He didn't leave an unpaid bill'

AMEN!! Praise His Name!!

This is a truly inspiring poem, Rebecca!

Denise  

[This message has been edited by dsnyder (edited 03-23-2000).]

Aiden Kelly
since 2000-02-14
Posts 148
Ft. Wayne, IN USA
9 posted 2000-03-23 02:52 PM

For Jesus died and left a will,
He didn't leave and unpaid bill.
i love that line!! i don't know why you feel this piece isn't good b/c i think it is very well done.  so often we put off spending time in God's Word but this is a wonderful reminder of why we all should want to spend time with our Lord!  The Bible is His will!  that line is so profound and is a different way of expressing the impact of his death and resurrection! (hope you don't mind if i print this out to put in my Bible so that i am reminded why i am spending time with my Father and then i won't take it for granted  so much.) thank you so much for sharing this!    

p.s. (i am still praying for you and your family.  i hope things are getting better...)  love in Christ!!  

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 2000-03-24 12:05 PM

Denise I'm glad you liked it so much. Thanks Hon!!

Aiden thank you! I'd be happy if you printed it out to keep in your bible.
I guess a bit of my poor self esteem was showing here, sorry all!

I thank you all for your wonderful and uplifting comments and praise and comfort.

Thank you for praying for my family  

mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
11 posted 2000-03-24 01:15 AM

Wtdove, i loved the simplicity of this - your poem is a statement of faith, of what faith is, and reading this it all seems so simple!  Which is great because sometimes we make it to be this complicated thing, when really all it is is believing... another wonderfully written work of art from the creator himself (and you!).  bless you hon.
Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
12 posted 2000-03-24 02:14 AM

Amen! Stay in the Word. Beautiful! Marcy
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
13 posted 2000-03-24 11:00 AM

Mirjam I agree with you. I think sometimes we try so hard to find a meaning or understanding, that we stop using common sense, and miss the point, which wasn't difficult to see in the first place. We sure do know how to complicate matters that's for sure.  Thanks much and God Bless ya too  

Marcy, thanks! I shall!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
14 posted 2000-03-27 01:04 PM

Glad you brought this out.  Seems you may have read it to me once on the phone, but I hadn't seen it posted. We keep crying for freedom, yet don't use the freedom God's given us and instructed us to use. Thank you.
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
15 posted 2000-03-27 01:24 PM

Wow, this is a really nice poem, glad you reposted it as this is the first time I saw it, and I like it very much.
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
16 posted 2000-03-27 07:45 PM

Mom that's true! We don't always use that freedom given us. You didn't see it posted before because that was way back in forum #1.  

Sept, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Faith Is Believing...............#1

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary