navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » What do you think?
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic What do you think? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois

0 posted 2000-03-16 10:23 PM

What do you think?

It was brought to my attention, an idea for challenging each other.  We could post a challenge every now and then to each other...

Some ideas might be, Bible verses, a person to write about(someone who inspired us that we know/knew)...maybe an acrostic type poem.

Let's hear what you all think of that?  Any ideas?

© Copyright 2000 WhtDove - All Rights Reserved
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
1 posted 2000-03-16 10:30 PM

That would be great Rebecca,  I know we are brimming here with some mighty talented writers, I think they're ready for a good challenge- to stimulate our thinking and to get the creative juices flowing--count me in! I'd be glad to participate!   David
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
2 posted 2000-03-16 10:36 PM

You know me I love the analogies, but maybe if each tried to write on a certain scripture, in their own style, or on some person from the bible?  Sounds like fun to get a challenge of some sort going, though
Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
3 posted 2000-03-17 02:24 AM

WhiDove!! huh! I don't even know what that word means,{smile}but I agree, y'all should write and I shall read. Maybe someday you can find a catagory I could "fall into", 'cause I have already ordered a stamp that just says Great! for my replies! Once I
figure out how to get it onto the computer, hummm, gotta think some more. Love to read everyone's poems. Everytime I think of a nice line, I am nowhere around paper or pen. I am glad your feeling better. Marcy

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
4 posted 2000-03-17 06:49 AM

I suppose we can all write something about anything. Post a challenge and see what comes about. I might get writers block, but oh well I'll give it a shot.
Sincerely,
Rwood

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
5 posted 2000-03-17 07:27 AM

Dearest Rebecca; What a wonderfully challenging idea! David and I just did this with scripture verses and it was inspiring and a fun challenge. How are you planning this or should we just challenge each other at random? Love ya lots, Ellie

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
6 posted 2000-03-17 07:54 AM

WhtDove - I'm with Alle, I don't know if I could do any of that, most of the time I just get things to rhyme, but, I'd like to try... I'll just need an explanation first......Duh, I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp.....
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
7 posted 2000-03-17 10:24 AM

Ok you guys, and gals...a challenge is simply giving you an idea to write about something. You take that idea and put in verse, whether free verse (which don't rhyme), or rhyming verse...or whatever your style is.

For example hmmn, let me think here. Say we give a line, use this line in your poem somewhere... words written in the stars

Among the twinkling lights
That stand out in the sky
Are things that God has set
That never fade away

Words written in the stars
Same words in the Bible
That man cannot corrupt
God has set for all time

This is an example of free verse...though not a very good one, but do you get what I mean?
Or to take a bible verse and to incorporate into your poem, whatever that style might be.

Sandgrain, we would give a challenge and then each who cared to take up that challenge would do it in their own style.

Marcy, take pen and paper with you   That's happened to me too. Sometimes I have a line and pen and paper and it just takes time to write it...consider yesterday, a couple of lines came to me and that's as far as I've got. So it will take some work.  Just try, that's all, you don't need to post it the same day   And only if you feel like taking the challenge up, you don't have to do that.

Rwood, that's the spirit   I have writers block often...I don't write much, but when it comes, it comes.

Ellie and David, I don't really know, I guess at random, every so often would be fine.  Any ideas to start with?

BSC I put an explaination up there I hope that helps? It don't have to rhyme if you don't want it too, sometimes if you have a hard time rhyming, then free verse might be your thing. Really no rules to it, just thoughts put down, the only rule really is no rhyme...

Ok, so anymore questions?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » What do you think?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary