navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A favorite old poem...for Whitedove
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic A favorite old poem...for Whitedove Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

0 posted 2000-02-28 10:42 PM

this is an old favorite poem of mine from many years ago...

L'Envoi
by: Rudyard Kipling

When Earth's last picture is painted and the tubes are twisted and dried,
When the oldest colours have faded, and the youngest critic has died,
We shall rest, and, faith, we shall need it -- lie down for an ]aeon or two,
Till the Master of All Good Workmen shall put us to work anew!
And those that were good shall be happy:  they shall sit in a golden chair;
They shall splash at a ten-league canvas with brushes of comets' hair;
They shall find real saints to draw from -- Magdalene, Peter, and Paul;
They shall work for an age at a sitting and never be tired at all!
And only the Master shall praise us, and only the Master shall blame;
And no one shall work for money, and no one shall work for fame,
But each for the joy of the working, and each, in his separate star,
Shall draw the Thing as he sees It for the God of Things as They Are!

I notice you haven't posted in a day or 2...(taking some well deserved moderator time off I hope)
anyway...just wanted to say thank you to all your very sweet replies to my work in the different forums this past week, your encouragement touches me.
And it does not go unnoticed in here by any of us, how supportive and caring you constantly are.
thank you, take care,janet marie

© Copyright 2000 Janet Marie - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2000-02-28 10:53 PM

This is one of my favorites, too, Janet Marie! Thanks for sharing it here!

Denise

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-02-28 11:08 PM

Believe it if I told you that I never heard this one?  I love it though, and thank you for sharing that with me.  

Sounds just like Heaven to me! The place that I can't wait to be! Where things will finally be as they should.

Thank you sweet Janet for your kindness. Thank you for noticing!  

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 02-28-2000).]

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
3 posted 2000-02-29 05:22 AM

I'm like WhtDove,
  In all my 50 years, I have never seen this lovely piece until now. What a servicce you have rendered, I hope you don't mind my evesdropping here.  And You are so right about Rebecca--she is truly a bright star of compassion & encouragement, which I hope she knows we appreciate so much--I know I do!

And as for you, Janet---You seem to be following right in her steps--for you have blessed me, and so many more, in various forums, gracing us with your talent, your
glowing kindness-and beauty as a lovely person.  God bless you Both--and keep up the wonderful works (poems & kind words),
        David

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
4 posted 2000-02-29 06:43 AM

Dear Janet Marie; How beautiful is this poem? Thank you, lovely friend, for posting it. I have a terrific fantasy. Wouldn't it be great if all of us, here at spiritual forum, could get together and finally give each other hugs and get to know each other more and talk till the cows come home? wow!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
5 posted 2000-02-29 10:56 AM

Ellie, the cows always come home too soon!!
Thank you, Janet Marie for this lovely peice for my dear daughter.  She has been so supportive of my meager efforts too and it does, indeed, make ones day when their efforts are acknowledged.  How blessed I am to have her for a daughter.

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
6 posted 2000-02-29 04:11 PM

Thank you for sharing.
What a day that will be!
God Bless
Alle'cram

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

7 posted 2000-02-29 05:36 PM

well I am SO pleased that the ones who had never seen this one loved it so much!!
I have loved this graceful poem for years, I discovered it back in high school doing a paper on the KIP man...anyway Im glad to share it with others who have not enjoyed it before...that is the best gift of poetry.

Ellie..wouldnt that be the "coffee break" of all time...(smile)I'll bring the gooey butter cake  lol

Rebecca...Im glad others used this as a place to say thanks for all your hard work and efforts...its always nice to feel appreciated...which leads me to DAVID>>>>>

sweet david..you make me blush...and you give me way too much credit..but I graciously thank you...

take care, janet marie

mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
8 posted 2000-03-01 12:07 PM

Ditto about the poem, and ditto about both yourself and Whitdove, both of you are so supportive and encouraging and dedicated.  Thanks to you both, and may God bless you abundantly!
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2005-06-15 01:55 AM

A post of compassion and caring, so like you JM, and strange I should happen on this particular one - to one of my favorite poets of all!  Your caring remarks are a source of powerful thinking for me always, and teach me as well as make me smile.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A favorite old poem...for Whitedove

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary