navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Dear God
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dear God Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA

0 posted 2002-07-03 05:21 PM

Dear God

Did you expect to hear from me?
It is the anniversary
Of our great loss.You helped me then
And will you please do that again?
The years pass by, but grief does not
And every time I pass the spot
Where speeding car and cycle met,
I realize the heavy debt
I owe to you for all you've done,
Since we lost our dear grandson.

You've comforted and given me
The strength to face adversity.
The will to finish out my days
Deprived of all his young boy ways.
Deprived of all the years that he
Would grow to his maturity.
You've given peace to me anew,
In knowing he is now with you!
I pray that you, eternally,
Will bless your humble servant.......me!

Betty Lou Hebert

© Copyright 2002 Betty Lou Hebert - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-07-03 05:35 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Betty, this is soooooooo beautiful, sweet friend, and I know with all my heart He will always be here for us all to serve us while it is our job to ask! (kiss on cheek) This is wonderfully heartfelt, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Betty, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2002-07-03 07:36 PM

Noah:  Thanks for your caring message. I always look for your response!

Betty Lou Hebert

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2002-07-03 10:01 PM

Oh Betty is this an anniversary for you too?  Mu first husband, my childrn's daddy died on July 4th.  The years have dimmed the awful pain the anniversary once brought.  Joyce
Trillium
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
4 posted 2002-07-03 10:16 PM

Joyce,  Yes today is an anniversary of our grandson's death.  Always a hard day for us.
He was our only grandson.  It bothers me more than usual this year for some reason.
Thanks for caring!

Betty Lou Hebert

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
5 posted 2002-07-04 11:28 AM

Trillium,

There are few things that I question GOD's authority here on Earth and truly the unexpected and unwarranted death of the innocent one's still leaves me questioning...  In Faith though, I do know that our questions will all be justifiably answered when we get to the other side.  I thank you for your honesty here to bring up a topic which most of us can relate to and at times need to join with other believers for Christian support and counsel.  Thanks again and GOD bless.  -Bob

Anonymity
since 2002-06-11
Posts 45

6 posted 2002-07-04 11:44 AM

I may not have the right words to say but I'll try.  Your poem really has moved me I am still learning about religion and do not fully understand it as of yet.  However I have had to deal with the loss of a wife, a child, and several friends and for some reason it seems now that someone has been looking out for me and guiding me through each ordeal.  Reading your poem brings back several memories yet none of them seem mournful.  I don't understand.

Sorry I fell off topic but I love your poem and know that I still have so much to learn.  Thank you.

Trillium
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
7 posted 2002-07-04 04:49 PM

Bob:  Thank you so much for your honest comments.  I guess none of us ever understands why we have to go through such trying times when we lose someone we love, especially children.  When this happened I was so angry with God, but yet I found myself constantly praying to Him. I know he walked with me and is still doing so. He even understood my anger and brought me away from it. He is our only Hope!

Betty Lou Hebert

Trillium
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
8 posted 2002-07-04 04:55 PM

Anonymity:  Thank you for telling me your feelings and of course, I am saddened to hear of all you have gone through. Each event such a hard one to face.  I too, have lost many people I loved and still love them even though they are not here. I don't understand why these things happen either. I just know that there has been a guiding hand through everything and I feel a comforting presence, which I have to believe is the Lord. I don't feel I have the strength in myself alone, to face these things, without His support. I guess true Faith is believing without answers to your questions.  I hope you find your own place with Him.  Thanks again.

Betty Lou Hebert

2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
9 posted 2002-07-05 06:03 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. But, you know the comfort the Lord can bring in your own words...You've comforted and given me
The strength to face adversity

Melton

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
10 posted 2002-07-05 11:09 AM

Awwwww...this is so heart wrenching...thank you for sharing this testament with us, I know it has encouraged me to look to him more. I do pray you feel the arms of His comfort all about you today, and in the days to come! God Bless! (((hugs)))
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Dear God

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary