navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Rose In God's Garden
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Rose In God's Garden Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2002-06-30 05:27 PM

~* A Rose In God's Garden *~

I am in awe at God's handiwork,
this one single rose.
So amazingly created,
like the four seasons
of summer, spring, winter, and fall.
How glorious is his power on earth.
Is there anything more perfect
that leaves the world in such awe?
Once sown, and planted with love
it develops with grace and beauty
from his glorious rays from above.
A delicate yet strong bud appears,
with petals soft as silk or satin,
that blossoms into a beautiful rose,
protected with thorns
as sharp as was his crown.
A rose is a true symbol of his love.
This gift from God above,
conceived in a timely fashion
I believe is to remind us of our own
beauty, weakness, and our strength.
We are but a rose in God’s bouquet.
Each one of us is more beautiful
than the last in the eye of the beholder.

Nothing means more to me than faith,
family and my friends.

© Copyright 2002 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2002-06-30 06:43 PM

Mysteria.  This is so beautiful and a rose is a marvel.  Just this one item would prove God's existence.  I haven't read a poem of yours for awhile.  I'm glad to see you here.  Love, Joyce
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2002-06-30 09:01 PM

Mysteria,

A lovely personification of the rose you've been given.  So very delicate, yet created with an innate ability for survival. What a wonderful reminder of GOD's Love for us is the rose.  I do suppose that we are like roses in GOD's garden.  I join Joyce in welcoming you and I am also anticipating reading more of your poetry here at this site.  GOD bless you.

-Bob

mycafe
since 2002-05-23
Posts 584

3 posted 2002-07-01 02:23 AM

Mysteria, I am so glad that I drop by here to have the chance to read this beautiful poem

mycafe

Keep counting your blessings

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2002-07-01 03:32 AM

Thank you for your comments, and yes I do feel we are all a little like roses, gentle, strong, weak, but determined and beautiful.  However, we like the rose were given thorns of protection to safeguard what we believe in and carry that to full growth.  Nice to be posting here, I am usually in the main forum a lot.
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
5 posted 2002-07-01 07:52 AM

Ahhh Mysteria ~ I can never look at a rose without seeing all of the majestic beauty He surrounds us with...This is such a lovely piece.  Bonnie
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
6 posted 2002-07-01 08:06 AM

Each time I see a rose I will remember the truth and beauty of this lovely poem.
Thank you.

Deb

NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise
7 posted 2002-07-01 06:38 PM

Hello Mysteria - This was beyond exquisite from the picture to your words. A rose is such a beautiful flower and so many have written about it. Thank you for your thoughts, I will remember them when I look and smell the roses in my own garden. Bless you - Hugs, Marti

" My wrinkles are badges of courage and reveal that I am a Mother."

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
8 posted 2002-07-02 05:18 PM

Mysteria:  What a beautiful poem!  Thanks for posting her for all of us to enjoy.

Betty Lou Hebert

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2002-07-03 04:23 PM

(big hugggssssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, I too am always reminded me of His crown of thorns seeing a rose, and it too makes me sad feeling His agony yet it also reminds me and make me smile how He sacrificed Himself to save us all and how the rose resembles ongoing beauty and loving faith everyday! (kiss on cheek) This is absolutely heartfelt, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sharon, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj
10 posted 2002-07-04 06:34 PM

Once sown, and planted with love
it develops with grace and beauty
from his glorious rays from above.
A delicate yet strong bud appears,
with petals soft as silk or satin,
that blossoms into a beautiful rose,
protected with thorns
as sharp as was his crown.
A rose is a true symbol of his love.
This gift from God above,
conceived in a timely fashion
I believe is to remind us of our own
beauty, weakness, and our strength.
We are but a rose in God’s bouquet.

that's golden

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
11 posted 2002-07-04 07:28 PM

Sharon darling heart oh my word HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU welcome kiss from me to you your writing is outstandingly beautiful in its form it’s utterly utterly breathtaking in its beauty. Your writing in this is exquisite, I love it utterly utterly. Sometimes I swear you write with starlight, this is one of those times. I’m deeply touched by these words of finest flow that trickle through this delight with pure wonder. Obviously they came from within a mind of sparkling dreams Absolutely beautiful writing darling I love the thought of you in this. Perfect darling heart utterly utterly perfect. And yes I love it utterly

You have been away far too long, come back more often you hear, this place isn’t over run with so many brilliant poets that we can afford to lose one as wonderful as you. My sister, who shines like a star don’t take your light away now, we need you.

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

Breathe through the heat of our desire
Thy coolness and they balm
Let sense be dumb let flesh retire
Speak through the eathquake wind and fire
Oh

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
12 posted 2002-07-05 11:31 AM

I could smell the sweet aroma as I read it, and the picture compliments the poem so beautifully...wonderfully done! Thank you! God Bless!
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
13 posted 2002-07-06 06:43 AM

Oh WOW!!!
This is so delightful to read and very beautiful indeed just like the subject. Roses are my favorite flower
~hugs~
Trcacie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2002-07-06 07:14 AM

Thank you all so very much for sharing the beauty of a rose, and always remember we too are but part of a beautiful bouquet, and it is meant to be of many hues thanks again, God bless!

Nothing means more to me than faith,
family and my friends.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Rose In God's Garden

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary