navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » In Hibernated State
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Hibernated State Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2002-04-03 01:39 PM

In Hibernated State

I hear no voice that whispers out my words
And through my solace not a psalm is heard
No praise to GOD, no nursery rhyme
Just dust collects while passing time
Upon this shelf.How foolishly absurd
I sit and wait while no one comes my way
And watch the minutes once more turn to days
I shed a tear which no one hears
And if they did it would appear
That no one here would take the time to pray
After all, I'm just an heirloom anyway
A hand-me-down from long ago
From whence I came, none can know
But I.Yes, I recall the very day
Before the death or wedding vow
That passed me on to here somehow
I lived within the heart of One so great
Who wished to pass to you His vast estate
He loved you so, but you'll not know
The words He wrote that you might go
To be with Him.So, on this shelf I wait
A Family Bible in hibernated state.

-Lighthouse Bob

© Copyright 2002 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-04-03 02:30 PM

(big hugggsssss) This is soooooo beautifully heartfelt, sweet friedn, we are all part of His family, we are the synecdoche of all loves hope, which united together we establish harmony, and His words are always engraved deep in the pages of the Bible where we can review these words of goodwill always! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, you are a dear friend to us all, we all love you so much! You ave such a beautiful heart, sweet Robert, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2002-04-03 02:46 PM

So right my Bob.  How many of us revere the book and ignore the words.  Very nice poem too. Joyce
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2002-04-03 02:54 PM

LightHouseBob~
You would have had no idea how relevant this is to my actions today ... but .. then perhaps a 'heart-thought' slipped outside my self-circle and winged it's way to your pen~

I've been plundering and packing up things for an anticipated move ... and while going through the cedar chests ... I took out my mother's Bible, my father-in-law's Bible, my brother's Bible, and my sister's Bible ... somehow through the years, I have become the 'keeper' of inherited things.

I sat down and read passages that each of them had marked at different times in their lives ... and I now realize that it's time to pass them on to 'living hands' and 'living hearts' to read and share.

Thank you for a very, very 'timely' write~
I have *gifts* to pass on NOW ...
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
4 posted 2002-04-03 04:25 PM

Yes, Bob. I too, have Mother's Bible as a keep sake with family pictures and memories. And it is in storage. I have several others, different versions, that are hadly ever touched. For most of my research is done on the Internet. Thanks for sharing.  

((Bob))
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (04-03-2002 04:26 PM).]

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
5 posted 2002-04-03 07:05 PM

Noah,

Sometimes your words seem to be so far beyond me.  I love these words of expression that you've used here to describe our multi-faceted world.  I agree my poet friend with a hearty "Amen..."  Yes, we are  "synecdoches of all loves hope."  My Gosh, this is so beautiful. And, thanks again for your most inspirtational replies.  -Bob

Thank you Joyce.  I always enjoy hearing from you.  You have a remarkable ability to get right to the heart of my poems with so few of your words.  Thanks again.  -Bob

Marge,

You are exactly what I pray for.  I really do write in faith because I rarely know who I am writing to.  Amen.  But, I always write believing that my poetry will minister to somebody.  I know, now, that today that somebody was you.  Thank you for your wonderful words of confirmation.... And you can know for a fact that I have already given GOD the praise for your being touched.  I know those beautiful Bibles will be a tremendous blessing to all of those that receive them.  GOD bless you my poet friend.  -Bob

Silver Streak,

I too, have my Mother's Family Bible.  It is one of my most prized possessions.  Not much written in there but her name. Since my Mother died when I was 2 years old, her Bible gives me a gentle reminder of her faith and the hope that one sweet day we will meet again.  Amen.  Thank you my poet friend, those precious Bibles and photographs are beautiful keep-sakes indeed.  And thank you as always for sharing. -Bob

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
6 posted 2002-04-08 04:14 PM

This is beautiful, Bob. *S* Those wonderful family Bibles may gather dust while their more portable counterparts get the daily use... but they are precious memory vaults, carefully keeping the family history... and passing on the love. *S*
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2002-04-08 04:35 PM

LightHouseBob~
I've now place each Bible in the hands of other 'keepers'~

My granddaughter, Delaney, got my mother's Bible, one of my sons got my father-in-law's, my brother's son got his father's Bible and one of my sister's children now holds her Bible.

Each one is in the hands of those who will keep, treasure and share with future generations~

I feel GOOD knowing that my own Bible will rest in the hands of my daughter when I'm no longer here to read it .... and I pray it brings as much comfort in her faith, as it's given me~

Thank you again~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
         noles1@totcon.com                    

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
8 posted 2002-04-09 09:48 AM

Bob, your words come alive just like the pages of the Bible... if only we take the time to read. Afterall, it is the living word.
Thank you for your words to remind us to get it off the shelf!

Deb

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
9 posted 2002-04-09 06:28 PM

Bob:  Absolutely a wonderful poem and the message so inspiring.  I am a Bible reader and do so at some time every day. I am always discovering new things even after years of doing so.  My mother's Bible was given away to a family member before I had a chance to lay claim to it.  I hope he is treasuring it and reading it.  I do have a Bible I was given when I was ten years old for two years of faithful attendance at our church.  It was getting so worn, a friend gave me another one about 20 years ago, but I see it too is beginning to show signs of much useage. I take it everywhere with me.
Thanks for such a moving poem.

Betty Lou Hebert

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
10 posted 2002-04-11 07:47 PM

suthern,

Yep, the Family Bible is very ornamental and very-very large as you stated.  I recall the first time that I went out to witness to folks and I felt like that that more portable counterpart was about the size of the ol' Family Bible for sure.  Don't you fret none though, I did get over it.  -Bob

Marge,

Thanks for the praise report!!!  Sorry, to be so long getting back to you.  I just started back to school.  Sounds like to me that you have something very special going on here in your children's and grandchildren's lives indeed.  Seems to me that you have taken an extra step here to not only be a keeper of things most precious but that you have delegated the responsibility on to a new and able bodied generation.  Amen. I commend you for your trust (faith) that the Word of God will most definitely accomplish that which it was set out to accomplish in and through those future generations that have received their inherited Bibles into their hands.  GOD bless you and again thank you for sharing your praise report.  -Bob

Deb,

Thank you.  What a blessing to know that the words one writes has taken life in the soul of another.  The Bible certainly is the "Living Word" as you have expressed.  With that in mind, you certainly have planted many seeds of life yourself my friend.  GOD bless.  -Bob

Trillium,

Such wonderful reports of Glorious Praise.  I am so thankful for you and your devoted years of Bible reading.   What a testimony to future generations that the Word of God never-ever grows old.  Through two Bibles badly worn from reading, One of twenty years from much usage, Reading each and every day, And devoted to hearing the Word of God in Church week end and week out........  WOW!!!!!!   .....and still the Bible is showing you new things that apply to your life.  This preaches Sister.  You are a Living Testimony of the longevity of Word of God.  Amen, the Bible never grows old.  GOD bless you. Thank you so very much for your sharing. -Bob

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
11 posted 2002-04-11 07:55 PM

Good stuff, here, good reminder!

Would be a great lead in to a sermon, too.

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
12 posted 2002-04-11 07:56 PM

Thank you everyone for your wonderful testimonies and your words of praise. -Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
13 posted 2002-04-11 09:23 PM

Hi VAS,

You snuck in right under my nose.  Thank you for your comment.

GOD bless,

-Bob

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
14 posted 2002-05-20 03:30 PM

A family bible in hibernate...

Too soon it is we call on Him
for each brief heartache, 'tis our whim
to think he can by single thought
wipe away what 'tis WE wrought...

Every bible OFF the shelf
would give more comfort to ourselves...

You always inspire, Bob...always!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » In Hibernated State

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary