navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Home?
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Home? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA

0 posted 2002-02-06 06:52 PM

Slowly I crawl away
leaving the place I once was raised
my ears a dull to the chord
That plays on in my heart and
resonates in my spirit
I am to stubborn to hear it
To stupid to fear it
I feel the darkness creep, inching
it's way up my spine
I whine, "Whoa is me!"
Yet I spit, at the innaccuracy.
How could I be so selfish,
So lost in spite of myself?
The questions cut at me as if I
were in an evil duel and yet
they are my incessant fuel
To continue on on this path
To somewhere which is nowhere I
want to be, yet I don't turn a foot
My soul is the loot
And I wonder...
Can I find my way home again?

© Copyright 2002 jfreak - All Rights Reserved
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
1 posted 2002-02-07 02:21 PM

jfreak, so you want to come home again? Take my hand. God, your heavenly father has asked me to find you. You see, jfreak, I am your big brother. Don't you remember? We were once together in heaven, and Father sent us down to earth to learn how to Love. Won't you take my hand and come back with me? Father is waiting.  
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (02-07-2002 02:23 PM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-02-07 04:11 PM

(big hugggsssssss) My words echo Newell's; our Father is always here for us all, and He is all calling for us whenever we need it the most, for supper, for light, for Love! (smiles) God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so much, this is a marvelous poem! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
3 posted 2002-02-07 07:14 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the encouragment...just so you know, everything isn't quite alright, but it's getting better.  I am in the Marines and I am fixing to get out in three weeks.  And I will be going home.  The past year and a half have been real trying, character building times, but I am making it through and now I know that a fresh beginning is in store for me starting March 1st.  So don't fear or worry too much.  I am going to be around all my Christian brothers and sisters that KNOW me and away from all the negative that the Marines has to offer...WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

J~

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2002-02-08 11:50 AM

Jfreak,

Again, I appreciate your transparency ( your being real) here in your writing.  After reading your response, Congratulations... are in order for your soon return to your Christian Brothers/Sisters and your Home.  Just to let you know, I visited Yuma around Christmas time and it really hasn't changed that much ... They're still working on the bridge to the Mission,  all the KOA's are fiilled with Snow Birds this time of year, and the dunes are still out there just waiting for you my friend.  GOD bless you and may He bring you safely Home.

-Bob

jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
5 posted 2002-02-08 01:43 PM

BoB,

Yes Yuma has changed very little in the past four years I have been here and I imagine it will stay the same for many years more... thanks for the comments and transparency is the hardest thing to do sometimes when writing.  I really think God has given me a gift to be able to be just that... transparent.

J~

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

6 posted 2002-02-11 03:36 PM

J God bless you for serving our country. Stay close to God and your christian friends and you will never go wrong. much luck to you. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

7 posted 2002-02-11 04:03 PM

J, your honesty is refreshing and your service to your country is appreciated. This is a well written piece and I hope returning home renews your spirit and brings you peace. Cheryl
jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
8 posted 2002-02-12 01:12 PM

Thank you guys for your appreciation of my service.  You don't know how much that means to me.  When I hear stories about my past fellow Marines that were in Vietnam and came home to get spat in the face I just cringe and get angry and I make a point of going to every single one of them and thanking them for their service, b/c they are my past and they are my foundation.  They are part of my family and I appreciate them greatly and I encourage anyone who reads this that if you meet someone that fought in Vietnam let them know how much you appreciate the sacrifice that they made and I PROMISE YOU, you will make their day.

J~

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
9 posted 2002-02-14 10:34 PM

I'm sneaking in here to pay tribute to one of my favorite people!

Keep on keepin on...you're almost home!
I bet it's rough, but a good lesson of some sort. Home never looked so good.

Keep me in your prayers Brandon, I need em.
I shall keep you in mine.

Hugs from home. God bless

<*\\\><    
Life may have influenced who we R, but we're responsible for what we become.
I don't question YOUR existance- GOD

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Home?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary