navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » For What I Pray
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic For What I Pray Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Oz
since 2002-01-18
Posts 13
South Carolina

0 posted 2002-01-20 06:37 PM

For What I Pray

Every night when I go to bed
I get on my knees and bow my head
I ask our Father up above
To fill my life with his love
I ask forgiveness of my sins
And never let me stray again
I pray he watch over those in my heart
And never let us drift apart
I trust my life is in his hands
I just wish I knew his plans
There’s just one thing I wish he’d concede
It would cause this pain in me to leave
So until it comes true I will continue to pray
And ask for this wish each and everyday

© Copyright 2002 Oz - All Rights Reserved
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
1 posted 2002-01-20 07:56 PM

Dearest Oz. A word about your prayer. When you say:

"There’s just one thing I wish he’d concede
It would cause this pain in me to leave
So until it comes true I will continue to pray
And ask for this wish each and everyday"

God never concedes anything! He Loves and is the same yesterday, today and forever and He does His Holy Will through His Grace and Mercy. And He does heal us when we have the faith to believe and receive healing.

Pain always has a reason. Why do we have pain? Pain is an indication that something is not right. Like the gas gauge on your car. To pray for the gas gauge to show full, would not help if you were out of gas, now would it? What is wrong and how can it fixed?
Or is there simply some needed change in our lives. Like the pain a little child receives when touching a light bulb?

Most of us have physical pain because of illness. Sometimes we treat it medically. And sometimes we go to God for healing. To receive healing from God requires faith and a willingness to accept God's will, regardless of the price. I have been completel healed several times of near death situations. A failed heart surgery, (I grew a new collateral artery around a major blockage, restoring blood to half of my heart) and recoved very quickly from respitory edema minutes away from respiratory arrest, to cite two. Both surprised the doctors, and one said to me you don't need me you've got God!

And now God has called me to write poetry for him, His Way. That is my full time calling and it consumes me! I am called to go directly to God, not accepting any religious doctrine or dogma, but to be careful not to dispute any faith. As I am led to beleive that God works through all man-made religions in different ways. In spite of men. And Salvation is in each individual heart, not in religion.

When on earth, Christ healed the sick. He gave us a comforter, The Holy Ghost with gifts of the Spirit. And when Christ is in us he give us God's power with the gift of healing, to heal the sick. When you are willing to release everything to God, and accept whatever His Will is for you, He will heal you. Then your pain will leave. Just a thought to pray about.

-Silver Streak

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2002-01-20 08:24 PM

Is it really as simple as all that?
Of course!  That's the beauty of it and I love this because it is
most sincere and from an honest heart receiving that love.

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 posted 2002-01-20 09:47 PM

Beautiful poem!  God is sure to answer your prayer
Wonderful work..

--Marie

I wish your fingers could touch all I can't say... no one should ever feel this alone.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2002-01-20 11:55 PM

(sigh) Such a heartfelt prayer, sweet friend, I know deep down with all my heart He will answer your call and love and peace will fill you always! (big hugggsssss) We all love you so much, sweet friend, this is very touching! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Oz, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
5 posted 2002-01-21 12:27 PM

It is hard I know to think that God is not answering our prayers. We just have to have the faith to keep praying and wait for God's answer.  Joyce
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

6 posted 2002-01-21 08:53 AM

My dear OZ this is a very heartfelt poem. I do see pain and suffering. When I need His healing or guidance, I pray as if I have already recieved it. I am one that never asks.Because He is God. He rules my life, and so He must know what is going on in my life. So I pray,"Thank you Lord for removing this pain from me, I leave it all with you now,and walk away confident that you will lift my burden" And he does..It is that simple. Of course being human, that part always goes back to the pain, like with my grief on losing my son, But I tell you, I don't stay there long, My mind moves on to Him and again I am healed. So it is not a one time healing but a continued one. God bless you my friend, You will be in my prayers. Floria
His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

7 posted 2002-01-21 10:37 AM

Oz, your poem is touching and heartfelt. I'm sure it moves God's heart. The apostle Paul prayed for release from his pain or (thorn in the side) but God did not remove it. Paul said that God's grace was sufficient to endure the pain. Maybe God is doing the same thing in your life. I do not believe you're in pain because you lack faith but God must have a purpose for it and I hope if He doesn't remove your pain, He will reveal its purpose in your life. God bless. Cheryl
punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
8 posted 2002-01-23 05:44 AM

wonderful i loved it! tks for sharing.
robin

i have a wish but only a certain guy can fufill it!

2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
9 posted 2002-01-23 07:23 AM

A wonderful prayer
...I ask our Father...

And it is so simple. Thanks

Melton

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
10 posted 2002-01-23 05:06 PM

OZ:  Your faith is shing through your words. It's hard to be patient, but God does answer our prayers.

Betty Lou Hebert

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » For What I Pray

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary