navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Holding Up
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Holding Up Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA

0 posted 2002-01-16 07:54 PM

It’s the “holding up”
that wears you down --
the phony cheerfulness
you use
to defuse
the pent-up fury
that would bury
you
simply because
life is
as it is.

It’s the “holding up”
that tears you down --
the million
endured inanities
that compound
the mundanity
of a life left
unfulfilled.

Well,
I’ve done with “holding up” --
I’ve put it down,
this unbearable weight
of being
of the world.
I’ve found a Friend
who’ll take my load
in exchange for
His easy yoke,
His light burden.

I’m not “holding up”
any more.
I’m letting Jesus
lift me up
to soar!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
Eph. 2:8-9

© Copyright 2002 Traci L. Bonney - All Rights Reserved
His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

1 posted 2002-01-17 10:33 AM

Traci, you will never know how great it is to read one of your poems again. This is excellent. I love the finish. Nothing better than a clincher like this. Never quit writing work like this. Cheryl
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
2 posted 2002-01-17 11:21 AM

Beautiful!

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
3 posted 2002-01-17 11:37 AM

Hi, Cheryl!  Thanks for turning me on to this site!  I love it here!  Thanks for reading the poem.  I'm glad it blessed you.

Silver Streak, thanks for the welcome!  I'm glad you like the poem.

Traci

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2002-01-17 02:08 PM

Oh Saved by Grace,

This poem is gorgeous ... Just beautifully written.  I love your free style of writing (So very personal).  Stop holding the "world" up on your shoulders ... just lay it all down.  This is such excellent advice for us all at times.  Thank you.

-Bob

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

5 posted 2002-01-17 02:29 PM

Saved by grace, there is nothing in the world like handing it all over to jesus and being yourself again. wonderful poem . floria
SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
6 posted 2002-01-17 05:37 PM

Bob and Floria, thanks for the "amens" to my poem.  I've been walking with the Lord for almost 14 years now, and I have to remind myself now and again that it's not my job to keep the world running -- it's God's.  

The idea for this poem just popped into my head last night after I logged off from my first visit here.  My life has been busy lately (whose hasn't? ), and it seems I'm constantly battling the temptation to have a pity party.  So, I just felt the need to express that battle in words.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Traci

[This message has been edited by SavedbyGrace (01-17-2002 05:40 PM).]

L Tiuch
since 2000-02-04
Posts 151
NY
7 posted 2002-01-17 11:34 PM

How wonderful to "unload" and know that He is there to carry, heal and love us regardless.  Praise God.  Thank you for sharing this refreshing reminder.  Linda
SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
8 posted 2002-01-18 09:10 AM

Linda, thanks for reading and for your positive feedback.  I'm glad the poem blessed you.

Traci

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2002-01-18 02:18 PM

(smiles) YAY!!! I love it, sweet friend, this is sooooooo beautiful! (kiss on cheek) May His love lift all our hearts happily and have us soar to love and happiness always! (big hugggssssss) We all love you so much, sweet friend, this is gorgeous! God Bless You! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Traci, thank you for sharing!

May love and light alwyas shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
10 posted 2002-01-20 08:41 AM

Noah, thanks for reading!  I'm glad this blessed you.

Traci

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Holding Up

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary