navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Righteous living
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Righteous living Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA

0 posted 2002-01-07 03:22 PM

Righteous living

"In the same way, on the outside you appear to people
as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy
and wickedness" NIV Matthew 23:28

There's no right or wrong in heaven
Only Love and Purity
For right and wrong are made by man
For other lost souls to see.

In heaven we're all part of God
All one big loving spirit
There's never any reason, why
To watch our selves, now hear it!

Sin's only in a heart, and when
We think what Christians ought do
By feeling choices, do we sin?
Pondering what not to do?

But when we live in Love, God's way
Is it not true, every day
Loving souls is Righteous Living
God judges every giving,

Why worry 'bout what's right or wrong?
Rejoice in Righteous Living.

Copyright: Newell Elsworth Usher
Silver Streak of Silver Springs, Florida

Sharing God's Love through
perfectlovepoetry.com

© Copyright 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2002-01-07 06:00 PM

By His Grace, we are set free....a truly powerful and inspiring poem! Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Ivy Rose
since 2001-12-29
Posts 1300
MA, USA
2 posted 2002-01-07 06:23 PM

Enjoyed this!!!  His Righteousness a raiment to clothe us with. ***Ivy Rose
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

3 posted 2002-01-07 06:28 PM

YES I say AMEN to this,, wonderful message here Newell. floria
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
4 posted 2002-01-07 07:05 PM

Thank you Elle for you kind words.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
5 posted 2002-01-07 07:06 PM

Thank you Ivy Rose for your kind words.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
6 posted 2002-01-07 07:07 PM

Thank you Floria, for your kind words.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2002-01-07 07:11 PM

I don't believe that I've gotten around to wecoming you yet to this site.  So here is a big welcome ...

W E L C O M E

I believe God will give us that wisdom we'll need one day to judge the angels ... seems to me though some might already be getting way too much practice.  Anyway, nice poem that gives us "humble hearted" folks much to be thankful for.  -Bob

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
8 posted 2002-01-07 07:55 PM

Hi Bob!

Thanks for the big Welcome!

I don't understand your comment:

"I believe God will give us that wisdom we'll need one day to judge the angels ... seems to me though some might already be getting way too much practice.  Anyway, nice poem that gives us "humble hearted"  folks much to be thankful for.  -Bob"

Who is judging angels ... ? Why would anyone ever want to?  I am confused. Would you please explain.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
9 posted 2002-01-07 09:15 PM

(1 Corinthians 6:3)  Don't you realize that we Christians will judge angels?  So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disagreements here on earth. (New Living Translation)  But again, I think your poem contains a very good message.  God bless you my friend.  -Bob
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
10 posted 2002-01-07 09:48 PM

Hi Bob!

Thank you for your clarification.  My understanding of scripture is that Paul, a chosen man of God, filled with the Holy Spirit was writing a letter to the Church of the Corinthians, to the leaders of the church advising them about what to do when members within their own Church were disputing beliefs.    

In Matthew 7:1-5, Christ says (NLT) Stop judging others and you will not be judged. 2For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others, it will be used to measure how you are judged. 3And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? 4How can you think of saying, `Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? 5Hypocrite! First get rid of the log from your own eye; then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

Even in John 12:47, speaking of His time on earth, Christ says, "If anyone hears me and doesn't obey me, I am not his judge--for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. " Are we better than Christ, that we should judge? Although He will judge when He comes in the clouds of Glory.

For in Matthew 16:27 Christ says, "For I, the Son of Man, will come in the glory of my Father with his angels and will judge all people according to their deeds".  

Christ was addressing an audience of followers with love. Paul was administratively addressing Church leaders squabbling, not exactly acts of love. I believe that Christ was talking spiritually. Perhaps Paul was talking about fleshly dogma disputes. I don't know. Nowhere does Christ say that we judge angels. And without going back to the original Hebrew, I'm not exactly sure what Paul's context it.

I still don't know what this has to do with the poem.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
11 posted 2002-01-08 01:36 AM

Thank you for the Bible references.  What I received from your poem was your Bible reference (Matthew 7:1) Stop judging others, and you will not be judged.  What I received from your poem is that "righteous living" contrary to a life of "judgment" is a life of "loving souls" in agreement with the first commandment and the 3rd line of the fifth stanza of your poem.  I suppose where I messed up on my reply was that I put too much emphasis on Judgment and not enough emphasis on Loving Souls.  But I think that I have judged properly in stating that this is a good poem and I am looking forward to reading much more of your talent in the future.  About judging angels ... Well, maybe I sparked a little further study there. Note that this will be my final reply to this poem.  God bless you.   -Bob

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
12 posted 2002-01-08 10:03 AM

Thank you, Bob for helping to clear up my confusion. God bless you, abundantly. Let us both relentlessly continue to seek truth and wisdom from the Light of His Word.
-newell

perfectlovepoetry.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Righteous living

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary