navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Together, again
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Together, again Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan

0 posted 2001-10-27 01:17 PM

What will I do
When the Lord takes you home
I know your time is short
Your road has been rough
You’ve lived plenty of life
But just started to live
Three flowers that you sowed
Will never see you grow old
And appreciate all that you are
And all that you could be
But I know your love
Seen the promise
Before the broken dreams
One day we will meet again
The other side of heaven
You’ll greet me at the gate
With a tear-filled smile
And a tight hug
Like you gave
When I was young
We’ll walk, arm in arm
Into eternity
Together, again

Lets Love one another and let God do the worrying,
Rodney

[This message has been edited by Rodney Belcher (edited 10-27-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Rodney Belcher - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-10-27 04:21 PM

Ah Rodney, I see what you mean. But as I hope you get some comfort from mine, for it being a prayer for those who must leave us, this of yours is a beautiful promise that there is a life after, and we shall find one another again...

well done, Sir!

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2001-10-27 04:45 PM

Very poignant poem.  That hope that we will see our loved ones again is something to cling to.

Betty Lou Hebert

Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan
3 posted 2001-10-27 06:00 PM

thank you both for your kind comments and sharing in my vision...I lost my gramma, who was a very big part of my life, last year and afraid that I may lose my mother this year...all I can say is that at least she knows the Lord and I will get to see her in heaven...praise God for that!...again thanks for the encouragement...

Rodney

Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

4 posted 2001-10-27 10:45 PM

Rodney; You are going through a difficult time now I am sure.  I lost both my parents in the last few years.  The comfort I have is that they both knew and loved the Lord.  Yes, I miss them; but God can give that peace that passeth understanding.  For that I am so grateful.  When I remember them, I remember them with praise and thanksgiving knowing I will see them again.  May God bless you and help you through this time.  Wanda
Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan
5 posted 2001-10-27 11:29 PM

Thanks Wanda...I always believe that God only puts on us what we can handle...knowing God makes it easier, not painless though. Again I thank Him that they both knew and loved the Lord...it makes it a lot easier to accept and know that their pain and suffering is/willbe over...thanks for your kind words

Rodney

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
6 posted 2001-10-30 11:10 AM

Dear Rodney   My prayers are with you and your mother and the only answer to life's heartaches is that there is something so beautiful awaiting us.  Love, Joyce
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
7 posted 2001-10-30 06:15 PM

Dear Rodney; I don't know how some cope without faith...I feel the sadness in your heart, but also your great faith in our Lord, who is comforting you. God Bless, Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan
8 posted 2001-10-30 06:58 PM

Joyce, Ellie...thanks for your kind words. Yes faith has been my saving grace the last two years...I lost my grandmother who was more of a Mom 1A to me then me and my wife separated, taking 2 of the 3 most important people in my life from me. My mom is all I have left. But I have my faith in my Savior to help me through it and help me grow in His love...GOD IS GREAT!...again thank you both and God bless you all..

Rodney

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
9 posted 2001-10-30 07:46 PM

Your words sure tugged at my heart and I was happy to see your Mom's a believer.  I struggled so to help my mom clerify the confusion she had concerning God, during her last couple of years.  Of course, I didn't change her mind, but God worked the wonders before she died so I was extremely relieved and greatful. Spending her last 8 days with her, was an added blessing.  Bless you and your mom.  Rae
Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan
10 posted 2001-10-30 07:56 PM

Hallelujah!...it is so much easier to "let go" when you know God will catch them and comfort you...

Rodney

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Together, again

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary