navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Mother's Tears
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Mother's Tears Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

0 posted 2001-10-26 09:50 AM

A Mother’s Tears

Standing at the cross that fateful day
Weeping over the agony of her Son
Seeing the stripes upon His body
Knowing His life was almost gone

Mary wept tears that fell at her feet
Great droplets upon the ground
Grief wrapped her body like a shawl
Was there no relief, for Him, to be found

She heard Him say, “It is finished”
She watched Him breathe His last
Mercifully, He would suffer no more
John’s arm around her was steadfast

Today, Mothers weep droplets of tears
Concern for their children fills their hearts
Children’s lives are being snatched away
Through evil schemes Satan imparts

Mothers wrap yourselves in shawls of prayer
Let the last teardrop fall
Beseech the Lord to work in their hearts
Pray they will heed His call

Written by, Wanda L. Reu 8/19/01

© Copyright 2001 Wanda - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-10-26 10:27 AM

*sigh* so many tears have fallen from a mother's eyes. This is a poem that brought me to tears as I watch the world my children and grandchildren are a part of. I pray they have the strength to endure the trials ahead of them. Beautiful writing, Wanda. **hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

2 posted 2001-10-26 10:37 AM

Karen; Our children are grown adults; but I watch those sweet and precious little grandchildren.  This is quite a world we live in today.  We owe them our prayers and spiritual counsel.  May you know the blessings of His peace today.  Thanks for your reply.  Wanda
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
3 posted 2001-10-26 10:43 AM

Amen Wanda ~ I noticed this was written before 9/11, most meaningful then, even more so now.  You have done a great job writing such sad truths... Bonnie
Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

4 posted 2001-10-26 11:03 AM

Bonnie; Thank you for your reply.  Children are near and dear to my heart. I have had a great concern for children for sometime now.  I was involved in a ministry for children, and over the years I have seen the change in children; their attitudes, those things they are trying to cope with from their homes and families, their hurts, their anger and resentment.  Oh my, do we ever need to pray for our children!! Blessings on you this day.  Wanda
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
5 posted 2001-10-26 05:39 PM

I just found this and it is very touching.  I have told my children if each of us does his best this world will be a better place.  We can't wait for someone else.  Thanks be to God they seem to be heeding my advice. I lost my only son to a heart attack in February of 1999 so you can bet this mother's tears have fallen.  But he is with God.  Joyce
Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

6 posted 2001-10-26 06:40 PM

Joyce; My heart goes out to you at the loss of your son.  I do know though it must be a comfort to know he is with our Lord.  May He give you His peace and comfort.  Thank you for your reply to the poem. Wanda
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Mother's Tears

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary