navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » The Very Beginning
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Very Beginning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA

0 posted 2001-08-09 04:47 PM

The Very Beginning

I wonder where God came from?
How did He come to be?
Did He create the world we know
From another galaxy?

Are we the only one He has,
Or are there many more
That lie beyond our universe,
That someday we'll explore?

We know we were created.
For the Bible tells us so,
But what were God's beginnings?
I really want to know!

Betty Lou Hebert

© Copyright 2001 Betty Lou Hebert - All Rights Reserved
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
1 posted 2001-08-09 05:03 PM

Very, very good style, Trillium.  Old-fashioned eight-six eight-six scheme is a great flow device, and wonderful for expressing a simple question like this.
I personally believe in the Big Bang theory, however I assume few residents of this forum would agree.
Speaking spiritually, and philosophically, must we concede that everything has a beginning?  Certainly if an eternity can span onward, can it not span backward as well?  I don't think it's necessary to limit our perceptions to everything that we've come to know in our lifetimes.  It's difficult to understand something like a creature without an origin, but if anybody can be this, then certainly something as all-powerful as God could be this.  
Expand your bays of logic beyond what we've come to know.     That's all I can really say.
Thank you for the thought-provoking poem.
Yours,
~Allan

Blood Moon
Host: lark.crodo.com
Port: 1313

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2001-08-09 09:53 PM

Allan:  Thank you for your "thought-provoking" answer!  I know what you say is true and yet it seems to me that someone as "All Everything" as God did not spring to life as a cosmic accident. He may have caused it to happen!  Who really knows?

Betty Lou Hebert

Allan Riverwood
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
3 posted 2001-08-10 03:04 AM

Perhaps so.  I await further discussion in this thread.     A very interesting topic, this truly is.

Blood Moon
Host: lark.crodo.com
Port: 1313

Joyce Johnson
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
4 posted 2001-08-10 02:15 PM

Dear Trillium and Allen.

Betty your poem is very thought provoking and I am sure will never be adequately answered until we can speak to Him face to face.

Allen, the big bang theory may be true, but I know God set off the dynamite.  If you have ever seen a big explosion on this earth, you know it never builds but destroys  everything it touches.  Joyce

Trillium
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
5 posted 2001-08-10 06:57 PM

Joyce:  Thanks for commenting and I have to agree with you about the "big bang", which I have already mentioned to Allan. You are also right, I'm sure, about there not being an answer to my question in this lifetime. It is a great curiosity to me and something I often think about. I thought I'd post this poem to get some educated guesses as to where God originated, before He began creation.

Betty Lou Hebert

MoonShadow
since 2001-08-02
Posts 943
Dark side of the Moon.
6 posted 2001-08-10 07:00 PM

Inspiring as the awsome wonders of inexplicable things. To wonder keeps us reaching for the stars... seeking... and our spirits challanged and alive. Though the answers may not be revealed in this world.. maybe the next.... we can always hope, seek and wonder. Thank you for a wonderful read, Trillium.
Trillium
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
7 posted 2001-08-11 01:39 AM

MoonShadow:  I really appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Betty Lou Hebert

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » The Very Beginning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary