navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » As For Me and My House...A Prayer
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic As For Me and My House...A Prayer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan

0 posted 2001-07-23 12:06 PM

Lord
I ask You to guide me in my journey and let me see the things I need to see. I am so confused and need Your help. I want to have my wife and family whole and would give anything in the world if it were to happen. But I don’t want it to be the way it was in the past. I want to have everyday be a testament to You and the love that two people can have for one another. I want my family to exude love and compassion, for one another and all those that we encounter.
I pray for the strength to let trespasses against me be forgotten and to love everyone. I want my wife to respect me for being the best man, the best husband, the best father that I can be. Jesus I ask that I may emulate You in every way possible. I strive to be like You in Your walk on earth. Your compassion, Your caring, Your selflessness. I also ask You to please allow others to see the change in me so that they may inquire and I can share Your word with them.
And finally, I ask You to always watch over my family and help my loving wife, who means so much to me, find Your truth also. I want my family to be united and steadfast in our devotion to the Lord of Lords, King of Kings. I pledge this to You this day Jesus. Please answer my prayers.
In Jesus name I ask this.
Amen.

Love one another-let God do the worrying,
Rodney

© Copyright 2001 Rodney Belcher - All Rights Reserved
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
1 posted 2001-07-23 05:28 PM

Your heart-felt prayer will surely be answered! Thank you for sharing it with us here.

Betty Lou Hebert

bluebrdy65
since 2000-05-16
Posts 276
Gladys,
2 posted 2001-07-24 07:51 PM

When I once again fall to my knees
to thank the Lord for his many blessings
to praise him and to petition him I will include you in my prayer
thank you for sharing your prayer it is beautiful

Stephanos
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-31
Posts 3618
Statesboro, GA, USA
3 posted 2001-07-25 10:41 PM

God bless you and may it be as you have asked.

"Delight yourself also in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart"

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
4 posted 2001-07-26 08:47 PM

Oh, Rodney, what a truly inspiring heart felt prayer! God Bless you richly in his reply!  
ShadowRider
since 2001-07-14
Posts 1038
USA
5 posted 2001-07-27 01:06 AM

Praising the real aspects of life with a heart full of joy, Rodney.

So good to always remember the things time lets us to forget,
and to give thanks for them.  *s*

Well said, ami!  
SR

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
6 posted 2001-07-28 04:58 PM

Rodney this was a heartfelt testament!

If I'm getting this right, you believe, but your wife really doesn't??

I was in that situation as well. The best advice I can give you is to keep on keeping on. Keep your faith, live by example, and pray often for God's will to be done.

Mine came around, and it's been absolutely remarkable to see the work of God in someone we love. But God will do it on His time, so don't be too impatient.  

We had a lady live with us (when I was at home) who prayed all the time, out loud.
I knew there was a God, but didn't practice faith or have the trust in God. But I tell ya what sticks with me to this day, is how many things were answered when she asked.
Things lost were found. I finally had to ask, how many coincidences could happen.

Not a one, it was God~ all God!

It is not us who can change a person, but God who works the miracles!  

~God Bless~

<*\\\><    
Life may have influenced who we R, but we're responsible for what we become.
I don't question YOUR existance- GOD

Rodney Belcher
since 2000-06-06
Posts 227
Taylor, Michigan
7 posted 2001-07-29 09:31 PM

thank you all for your replies and I know God answers sincere prayers, he has been doing it all of my life...and White Dove, I need her to find God to help rectify our currently separated marriage...His love will help facilitate the changes that need to be made and proven to each of us to allow it to happen...again thanks for the heartfelt words!!! God bless and keep you all!!

Love one another-let God do the worrying,
Rodney

[This message has been edited by Rodney Belcher (edited 07-29-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » As For Me and My House...A Prayer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary