navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Spiritual Journey
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Spiritual Journey Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2001-06-07 11:55 PM

My girlfriend Karen and I had both been out of sorts lately, not feeling quite in control of our lives and the like.

We talked and decided to take our own little spiritual journey.  But a journey with a difference.
We feel our whole being - past, present and future, feelings, memories, love, hope and faith are all connected. And we wanted to do something that reminded us of all the good in our lives.

We live in Brisbane Australia, on the Southside of Brisbane to be exact.  We both grew up on the Northside of Brisbane, and now living on the South we hardly ever go back.  Today we were going to relive special inspirational times from our past to renew our faith and move forward with the Lord by our sides into our future.

We dropped the kids at school and headed to the churches we worshipped in on the Northside of Brisbane as children.
We went to my church first, a Uniting Church in Aspley.  The doors were open (which is quite rare over here these days) and we went in together. Soul sisters with a mission.  We sat seperately in the front pews and each had a little prayer to our Heavenly Father, giving thanks for his presence in our lives and for happy childhoods.
Then to Karen's church.  She is a Catholic.  I had been to enough Catholic services over the years to be comfortable there, and to know what to do. Again we both said prayers there as well.

After leaving both the churches our hope was refreshed.  We then drove by our old homes and both enjoyed seeing where each of us had grown up.

Then we went to a favourite Northside haunt.  Anyone who grows up on the Northside has many happy memories of family, fun, laughter and picnics at Samford.  It is a semi bush type of place, lots of lush green parklands with little creeks dotted haphazardly throughout.

We had come prepared with a picnic blanket, lunch, drinks and a tape recorder of new age music that we both love.

Previously we hadn't known that the both of us had often gone to the same particular stretch of creek, so when Karen drove me there, I was pleasantly surprised.

It had rained a week or so ago and the creek was flowing nicely.  It's trickling, gurgling sounds, singing happily blending with the natural sounds of the Australian Bush.

We skipped across the stepping stones to the other side of the creek, and found a nice little secluded spot where we would not be disturbed by passers by.  And being a weekday we didn't expect intruders anyways.

We sat on our blanket and talked and relaxed together, each enjoying the beautiful gift of the day in our special ways.  We talked about what God meant to us, and the gifts of his that we most love and why.  We lunched there and as time passed we could feel life's pressure's fading away and a stronger renewal of faith and hope for us both.

We then held hands and verbally both said a prayer (out loud) to our Heavenly Father.  Thanking him for all the gifts he has bestowed upon us in the past, and thanking him for the gifts he will continue to share with us.  We finished then, feeling spiritually awakened and renewed.  Ready to face life and it's challenges again.

We had journeyed into our pasts together, only to find more bonds, friendship and love between us, than that which we thought we already had!

A truly wonderful day and to us it was almost holy.  Not just religion, but beyond that into a truly satisfying day filled with worship, love, thanks and faith.

No finer way to spend a day if you ask us!!

**  I have never written anything quite like this before and feel somewhat unsure and embarrassed here, please be kind ????
Isis

*Enlightenment is within all things*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

[This message has been edited by Isis (edited 06-07-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Isis - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2001-06-08 12:14 PM

Isis~
What a lovely, lovely sharing ~

Friendship shared with God ...
what more could anyone ask for ?

Don't be embarrassed ... feel fortunate that you were so renewed that you felt the need to share.

Thank you, dear lady.
This is a precious experience.
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                               noles1@totcon.com             

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2001-06-08 12:00 PM

Isis,

What an inspirational idea that you gals had to take your own personal Spiritual Journey... Just a wonderful, relaxing, uplifting time of rekindeling and strengthening friendships both physical and spiritual.  In my heart, after reading your prose, I feel that your relationships with God and each other have been more tightly meshed together because of your mutual experience in the Lord and with His creation.  A most inspiring shared intimate experience between friends.  Thank you for sharing it with us as well.  Bob <><

Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
3 posted 2001-06-08 05:33 PM

This is wonderful..you bared your soul to God and then blessed us too. I really enjoyed this journey you and your friend took together. It was a wonderful idea..one that could benefit many of us and it was made even more interesting to me as it left me with a taste of Australia too, a place I have always wanted to visit. God bless.
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2001-06-08 06:35 PM

Thankyou so much!!  The experience indeed bonded us even closer together as friends.  And we were closer to each other and closer to God.  It was a perfect day neither of us shall forget.
I just felt kind of awkward posting it but still I wanted to share it, glad you liked it!!  
Isis

*Enlightenment is within all things*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
5 posted 2001-06-09 09:39 AM

Thank you for sharing your celebration of God's most loveliest gift of frinedship! Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
6 posted 2001-06-09 09:35 PM

Oh Isis ~ How wonderful!!! I want to do that, with a couple of my good friends that live nearby...and with all of them here....What a beautiful sharing this is, thanks so much... Bonnie
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » A Spiritual Journey

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary