navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgiven, Indeed
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Forgiven, Indeed Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

0 posted 2001-02-10 01:52 AM

But 'tis Liberty Given, not a license for continuation of such from which I wsa liberated.
"Shall we [willfully and blatantly] continue in sin that grace aboudeth? Heaven Forbid No!"

"Lord Jesus, make me as the man out of whom was cast Legion into the herd of pigs. Calm and  restored to his right mind. And also  as Zacchaeus, the tax collector. When he heard Thy Holy Word, he gave 1/2 his things away, and restored those he had wronged fourfold. And also as the old Roman Sergeant, Lieutenant, or what ever he would be called to day., a Gentile, a  Representative of Tiberias,
yet of Thee he  did but ask of  that his manservant be made whole again. And he was. At Thy Word.

And as Dear Old Saint Stephen, the first to surrender for Thee his all. And also as the old renegade Barabbas, realizing who died in my stead.
And ------- well------ okay..... Give me the courage to compare myself ------- even unto Mary Of The Village of Magdala. For her sin was great, but Thy Forgiveness of that was Untimately Greater.

And Also My Lord, when I beseech for Thy Help, should that help come to me in the form of , well, someone from the younger generation, who may dress, think, believe something altogether foreign to me.
Even give to me of Thy  Courage to Thank Thee and also that young person going out of his/her way
on my behalf and in my defense. This of course without compromising my belief in Thee.

Make me to be  careful to give Thee and Thee Alone First and Total Praise. Now and Forever More. Amen"

© Copyright 2001 lordmakemeweak - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2001-02-10 07:56 AM

This is beautifully said. I admire your humility and your obvious deep faith. We never know how or who He will send to show us His deep Love and comfort.  Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

2 posted 2001-02-10 02:04 PM

Thank you kinldy.

Indeed.

Ebony Clad Angels in Disguise

''They wear all black''........
''and?''........................

Well speaking for myself, I would likely run off with some of them if I were about 20 years younger.

For I do truly believe that amongst the black clad youth of the early 21st century walk Angels from Heaven. In Cognito, yes indeed, but Della Roma and John have nothing on them whatsoever.
And should I make one of their faces stained with tears with something I said in haste....Do Lord Give me Thy Strength to dry those tears, however I must......even with what little hair I have left, if necessary. And should black mascara run......Give me the courage to re apply that mascara.......
For man's nature is to look outwardly, but Tis not Thy Holy Nature
For in they Word it say  ---- "In entertaining strangers,,, angels hast thou
very well may  entertained."

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
3 posted 2001-02-11 01:26 PM

With Jesus in our heart, we are forgiven no matter the sin. Thank God he looks in our heart.
This is a very moving poem you write.
Deb

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

4 posted 2001-02-11 02:23 PM

TY, Deb!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgiven, Indeed

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary