navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » God is There - Haiku Stanza'd poem
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic God is There - Haiku Stanza'd poem Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2000-12-19 04:13 AM

This one sumarizes my recent spiritual battle with fears that God is nothing more than some dogma created to quell the masses.  I now know that He is there to help me, and it's my job to discipline myself.  The Church cannot do that for me, or to me.

I yearn for that spark
That once lived inside me,
But find doubt instead.

I've been trying to
Preserve my faith with logic
Instead of with love.

God is known by my
Experience - He is not
Some dogma from man.

I look to my heart
Again, and see the love in
Place of doubt, again.

And now my heart is
Placed back inside God's heart,
And not in logic.

[This message has been edited by fractal007 (edited 12-19-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-12-19 08:03 PM

It can be a dilema when you are dealing with your logical self and your spiritual self.The spiritual self is stronger because God is someone we all need in our lives to survive.I am glad you have found your way back.I don't think you will regret it.God bless you and yours this holiday season   Suzanne
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2000-12-20 11:26 AM

Each one of your jewels in haiku are a blessing...  and it is true that our relationship with God which is based on Faith is a complete opposite of our relationship with the world which is based on Science.

It is a wonderful realization to know that God exists through our faith in Him and then to be engulfed in his ocean of unexplainable Love.  God Bless You,  Bob <><

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2000-12-20 06:15 PM

THankyou all very much for your replies.  It is good that we have faith.  Faith keeps us going in a world that gives you the idea that everything is pointless.

Thankyou all for your compliments.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » God is There - Haiku Stanza'd poem

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary