navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » Time
Open Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Time Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jedimaster5
since 1999-11-27
Posts 6
Massena, NY USA

0 posted 1999-11-27 02:08 AM

I sit and listen to rustling of the leaves,
Watching them role and crinkle along the road.
I think of a time when life was so simple,
Me, a leaf being lifted and carried with the wind.
Not having the decisions that rest within my arms now,
Being able to enjoy even the simplest things:
Weekends, Sleep overs, getting a new pair of sneakers.
Time has been altered,
It is now one of lifes most difficult chores.
Needing to work around it,
Find “time” for things.
As a kid,
Time was no object,
Never looked at a clock,
It is now the enemy,
It feels my angst and despair.
Showing no mercy for its victims.
Ticks on as if we were nothing at all.
Am I the only one who feels this pain?
Given my capabilities,
I still face the world with a frown.
Losing my rhythm,
My reason to exist.
I search for a new motive,
I hope I am correct.

------------
This is just a question for anyone who reads this: Is it wrong to look for a relationship? I find that most of my poetry comes from either my hope for relationships or lack of; It seems that I spend most of my free time looking for something great, I know it is somewhere, we all do. Any feedback is great to hear. ~Chad

© Copyright 1999 jedimaster5 - All Rights Reserved
Laura
since 1999-11-26
Posts 26

1 posted 1999-11-27 02:44 AM

Chad-
I live your poem! The word created such a feeling of emotional expression. An d to answer your question- there is nothing wrong with looking for a relationship. If you don't look, how will you ever find one? How will you ever find love? And then how will you ever be completely happy? You're right... we all look for something great. And I do the same thing with my poetry- I base it on either what I have, what I don't have, and what I want. If you read my poems you'll find that I too, look for relationships. Keep up the great work!

------------------
*~*Laura*~*
"Dream over me with a tear, anything it takes to wish me here. Magic and sweet lulabyes, any lucky penny will do fine to wish me here."
-Nikki Hassman "Any Lucky Penny"

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-11-27 11:44 AM

I liked this very much...I wish we didn't have to watch that clock either..I find myself watching it mostly at work..wondering when it will move faster so I can leave. I don't think it's wrong to look for a relationship! Everyone wants to find someone to spend time with..whether it's love or just friendship. Humans tend to want to congregate together - to share feelings.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » Time

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary