navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » to my son
Open Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic to my son Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM

0 posted 1999-11-16 11:41 AM

you know I love you with all my heart
and I will help you my son.
I will help you with your laundry, your heartaches
and with your little one.
I can give you a hug, a kiss, money for gas and all
the time that I can steal.
I can make you pumpkin pies, fresh tortillas
and buy her a happy meal.
But I can't take on your anger and your hate
and for that I apologize,
I can't wish away your pain and make you heal inside
and this you must realize.
I grew up right along with you in our "home" and
I have more than enough
of my own, my hatred a battle I constantly fight and yes,
I know my son, its tough.

------------------
©1999 Iloveit

© Copyright 1999 Iloveit - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 1999-11-16 11:44 AM

My prayers for you both, Lovey...
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 1999-11-16 12:00 PM

This is such a moving poem. You are a wise woman to be there in the care, but to realize that mom's just can't always take away the pain with a band aid, their own or their childrens. Healing comes from the inside.
JTF
since 1999-08-09
Posts 319
France
3 posted 1999-11-16 01:29 PM

My thoughts go to you Lovey ... Hang on there ... HUGS
RSEvans
since 1999-10-23
Posts 1147
Tulsa, OK, USA
4 posted 1999-11-16 01:50 PM

Hang in there! Remember you can only give them everything. What a child takes from you is their decision. Hopefully they will make the right one.

------------------
Once I was brilliant, now I no longer shine, but the twinkle in my eye speaks of another time.

Ohme
since 1999-07-17
Posts 816
Texas
5 posted 1999-11-16 03:20 PM

lloveit,
Unfortunately, the day comes when a kiss does not make it all well.

------------------
Yesterday is history, tomorrow just a mystery. And if today is good to me how could I ask for more?

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
6 posted 1999-11-16 03:31 PM

Yanno old hairy granny with the legs from Playboy magazine?....I have a son just like me...And it's scarey. He's stronger than I ever was, his temper is at least as bad as mine was, his fighting abilities aren't quite what mine were, his dedication towards any particular "future" suck, but I too still love him. Kids today are different, as I was to my parents. But all we can do is strive to make something out of them....It's as tough on us as it was our parents. My parents, (as I'm sure you can imagine), were unbelievably patient, wise, and tolerable....I do all I can to be the same with my kids. Sometimes it's tough I know, but sooner or later, if they manage to survive these "tough" times, they come around. After all? I did? Now just think for a moment. Can your son be any where near what you know of Toerag?....You know me almost as well as anyone, yanno my past, my temper, my horse****, my loud mouth?...He'll do okay....with a "mom' like you?.....He has to do well.....(I'm sure he has a bunch of hair on his chest....right?).....
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
7 posted 1999-11-16 03:55 PM

A very touching poem. Wishing you strength and love.
Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
8 posted 1999-11-16 04:09 PM

Very moving poem Iloveit....this piece hit me right where I live....my thoughts are with you....

------------------
A soul that writes from the heart and shares it, truly gives a gift extraordinaire!

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
9 posted 1999-11-16 04:17 PM

It must be one of the most frustrating feelings in the world, wanting so much to make everything ok and not being able to. All we can do is try. My prayers are with you, lovey, as well as your son.
Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
10 posted 1999-11-16 04:30 PM

thanks suthern, JTF...well thanks all of you, it truly helps to know there are people out there thinking of you and pulling for you

and toe thanks for the hairy smiles lol, and well, he's about as ornery as you and just as cute....I just hope he turns out half as well....best wishes with your own

thanks for your care and prayers balladeer, almost didn't see you sneaking up when I was posting *g*

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
11 posted 1999-11-16 04:45 PM

Iloveit: My friend, when one loves as you do, whether it be kith or kin, the love is outstanding and so is the support but one can't be a library on these things, you take it step by step and give hugs along the way with equal mesaures of "you can't do this"...being a parent is the hardest job of all for there is no manual the only guidance you have, is the love in your heart and that my friend is equal to a set of the Britannica encyclopedias..

You love: you talk: you're always there through good and bad, that is being a parent or ....my idea of one....

and you're a brilliant mum and he's a lucky son!

Some day, in the future, invite me round for tea and scones and try not to show off the pride that forever talks in your eyes..

HUSG

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
12 posted 1999-11-16 05:10 PM

thanks RG you just made me cry, but good tears...you know just what to say....sigh...
and yep some day we will have those scones

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » to my son

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary