navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » A Child Forgotten
Open Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Child Forgotten Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Femme's Father
since 1999-10-30
Posts 58
Carrollton, TX, USA

0 posted 1999-12-13 02:25 AM

Big brown eyes..set in a small hand-size face..
Sadly looking, expecting, tears take their place..
On the cheeks of a child, through dust a path leaving as they flow..
Little brown droplets falling, onto little bare feet below...
She stands at the border crying as she watches you go..
Hauling all your presents across the bridge from Mexico..

You gotta a fine car and a castle for a home..
I know.. you had to work for it..you are not alone..
Swimming pools, airplanes, computers, and diamond rings..
Stocks and bonds and CD's, all there for interest to bring..
Maids a cookin, food galore, lawnkeepers keepin, and still there is more..
Corvettes and a Lexus, welcome mat at the door..
But if a poor beggar came knockin, owners' countenance would be sore..

So one man has a storehouse of goods heapin high..
A little child has nothing, but lots of tears in her eyes..
A rich man, filled with food, early morn til setting sun..
A little tummy filled with hunger, searches daily for a crumb..
Presents opened by the dozens, never wanting what they got..
Little hands, no gift to open, they are someone we've forgot...

A man's heart often cannot see the light - because of the darkness of it's own motives.... - James David

© Copyright 1999 James H. David - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 1999-12-13 02:31 AM

The child's lament is the cruelest of all.

This is wonderful - wise and bold. I wish it didn't have to be like this at all.

First__Knight
since 1999-11-08
Posts 678

2 posted 1999-12-13 02:38 AM

What an eye opening look into the real world in which we live.  You did this so well I hope that the message continues.  Thank you for the look and may you be blessed by this work  

Share what you are for you are what you share

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

3 posted 1999-12-13 02:38 AM

Femme's Father, beautiful, I too wish it didn't have to be like this.

What comes from the heart goes to the heart.
Samuel Coleridge

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
4 posted 1999-12-13 02:48 AM

Indeed, overwhelming the number of children over there who run up begging for change, while the Americans spend loads of money on "junk" to bring back....it's heartwrenching to say the least....I always feel sickened when I go....You can only do so much...Why isn't the wealth of the world distributed more evenly?  I've always wondered that....Beautiful poem dad....glad to see it.  YOU, need to get in bed young man!  LOL  (listen at me, telling my dad what to do! )  LOL   :l
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

5 posted 1999-12-13 03:28 AM

They are not forgotten by all, nor are those children here in America that go without, forgotten by everyone.

It is a simple truth, that most are not turning the other way to pretend they don't see, they simply do not see the problem and if they do, they only see the problem and right throuh the children.

Now and forever, my heart hears ~one voice~.
DreamEvil©
-------------------------------------------------------
"Either kill me or take me as I am,
because I'll be damned if I ever change..."

Count Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade
(Marquis de Sade)

Rod
since 1999-12-08
Posts 149
Auckland New Zealand
6 posted 1999-12-13 03:48 AM

A realistic look at the harsh, cold light of reality. No, it's not the way we want it, but it's the way it is. A very well phrased observation on a very emotive issue.
Well done!

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 1999-12-13 04:15 AM

A precious poem.   Could someone please forward this poem to Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Warren Buffett....and yet I know that they do help in some ways.   We could all help in our own way if we chose to do so.  James
Innocent_Bystander
since 1999-12-05
Posts 15

8 posted 1999-12-13 06:17 AM

Wonderful poem, I really liked it. and yes I wish the world wasn't so @#$@#@ up but most people think that the little children can take care of themselves, but to be quit honest they can't they are just little children.....and you know more than half or the profit of the Save The Children programs DO NOT go to the children and their families..it is used to pay for the commercials and T-Shirts and other stupid items that they really don't need....It actually makes me ticked off at the stuck upness of rich and fairly well off people....instead of buying cd's and other stupid stuff spend it on a needy family or child that you might know or send it to a feed the children program even tho about a quarter of your money will only go to them it's the thought that counts.

Any man can make a baby, But only a real man can take care of his children. ~Unknown~

RSEvans
since 1999-10-23
Posts 1147
Tulsa, OK, USA
9 posted 1999-12-13 07:05 AM

What a bleek view of humanity.  During the recent WTO riot in Seattle some 400 people were arrested with an average...average bail of $250.  And just where did the money go?  Can you imagine making a lump deposit of this amount into the underfunded welfare programs of Mexico?  Can you imagine deviding up this money equally into the homes of the less fortunate in Guadelupe and Alcapulco alone, where the average land-owner makes almost 50 times what the average worker does?  Sorry...must be the season.  Wonderful poem.
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
10 posted 1999-12-13 09:38 AM

So sad  
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
11 posted 1999-12-13 12:47 PM

Femme's Father,

I do not know
The wergild of man,
But I do what I can.

You poem was well done.

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
12 posted 1999-12-13 12:55 PM

Forgot, indeed, or maybe we've chosen just not to see them, but they are there, none the less.  Powerful statement here, James.
Very moving.

Michael

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
13 posted 1999-12-13 05:27 PM

Really broke my heart...and I like the idea of forwarding this to Bill Gates and all those guys...shall we?
Femme's Father
since 1999-10-30
Posts 58
Carrollton, TX, USA
14 posted 1999-12-13 09:58 PM

Thanks to all of your replies..hope it blessed each of you in your own way..Many years ago I was in Los Flores,Mexico and a little girl about 5 years old took a liking to me because I felt compassion for her. It was her I was describing in the lines. She followed us all around and we left her standing at the exit, where she could go no farther with us. I wanted to take her home with all my heart and share our American blessings with her. I have never been able to get the thought of this little girl out of my memory..I hope this dear little girl has a good Christmas this year & I hope she finds Jesus somewhere in her life.. Loved her.She was so beautiful in all her dusty, dirty little rags with no shoes and her precious little eyes looked right through us from under all the earth upon her little body. Again thank you all.

Suffer all the little children to come unto me....
James David

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

15 posted 1999-12-14 06:00 AM

FF - I just read your story and it brought tears. I can see her standing there. That is so awful. I hope your prayers for her have come true.

K

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
16 posted 1999-12-14 07:36 AM

It's too bad that we can't save them all, isn't it James?

Nice work here......

MADDavid
since 1999-12-04
Posts 26
Carrollton, TX, USA
17 posted 1999-12-15 11:21 PM

If we all could just help one child this Christmas, there would not be anyone neglected or hungry.  Now off to find the one child that needs our help.  You know that Jesus said that the poor would always be with us though.  One thing about it, we know He will make the justice scales balance in time to come.

Shine a light and darkness disappears.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
18 posted 2000-01-04 09:23 PM

I mentioned a few billionaire's in my last post...so I was happy to read in the paper on Dec. 28 that billionaire investor Warren Buffett and his wife, Susan, have donated 2,500 shares of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. stock worth about $134 million to four charities.  That seems like a lot and it is...recently Forbes magazine estimated Warren Buffett was worth $36 billion.  The rich do help the poor and that is a message of hope and less children that will be forgotten.  Thank you Warren and Susan Buffett.     James
Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
19 posted 2000-01-17 03:22 PM

So sad....I can the little one standing there!!  It makes me want to cry!!  Nicely done!!

Take Care
Bridgette

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #4 » A Child Forgotten

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary