navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » ''The Blue Symphony'' , Fletcher
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic ''The Blue Symphony'' , Fletcher Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chardayeb
since 2008-08-15
Posts 1

0 posted 2008-08-15 10:35 AM

I have selected a poem entitled ''The Blue Symphony'' by John G. Fletcher to perform for an upcoming music festival.

I have been trying to gain a deeper understanding of the piece, but cannot seem to find any information on it online.

If anyone could offer any insight into the meaning or motivation behind the piece it would be appreciated.

While I realize it is a lyrical, imagist poem I feel there is something I am missing in my interpretation. Is this man talking about his death? His life? Both?
http://www.bartleby.com/265/115.html

© Copyright 2008 chardayeb - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2008-08-15 09:57 PM

Hello, chardayeb. I see you are a new member here and perhaps are not completely familiar with our forums. This forum is a workshop where we study different forms and do exercises to improve our craft. Critical Analysis forum is a place to submit your work for critical reviews by other members, Your entry here would most likely go into the Announcements and Links forums, I believe, where others may try to answer the questions you pose.

Welcome to the forums...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » ''The Blue Symphony'' , Fletcher

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary