navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Fear
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA

0 posted 2003-01-27 11:19 PM

Fear
Imagery exercise in iambic tetrameter

The rampant fears are spread with haste,
Like raging fires uncontained.
Reason itself has been replaced
With paranoia; truth profaned.

Today may wiser heads prevail,
Restore a sensible approach,
Avoiding human self-betrayal,
Destroying life with fear’s encroach.

Shenachie
27 January 2003

© Copyright 2003 Louise Ryan - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-01-27 11:54 PM

Shenachie,
Hey, I am completely unqualified to reply in this forum. Unless you let me tell you how much I liked this! I love this very much. You write so well. And I love your determination to master a craft so well.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-01-30 10:37 PM

I see lots of personification.. and simile... and all within iambic tetrameter - just as neat as a pin...
Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
3 posted 2003-02-01 05:55 PM

Larry C.--Thank you for your continuing support and encouragement.  It means a lot!

Nan--I guess that I could have called this one 'Fear Personified.'  I have a lot of trouble with imagery and so I appreciated this assignment.  Thanks, Miss Nan.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-02-01 06:44 PM

See?  Told y'so!

jjote
since 2002-12-25
Posts 1088
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2003-02-02 08:27 AM

Dear Bridget,
I don't mind your wearing a "duplicate" dress. Dresses go with the wearer..or it's how one carry the dress. Anyways, your fear poem is a great study in this imagery assignment, and I'm also learning a lot here. thanks to our mentors.
never knew so many rules, I often write whatever words come to mind, like driving on the freeway and never mind the police patrol..*grin*

Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
6 posted 2003-02-02 10:30 PM

Sunshine--I love it when you tell me so.  Can't wait for you to tell me more.

jjote--Thank you for reading and commenting. Loved your comment about the duplicate dress.  With such different accessories, I am sure that no one else recognized it.  
I am enjoying learning the various poetry forms since I usually scrawl free verse in words that I need to say.  It's wonderful to have you in class and I will be watching for your new posts.

Shenachie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Fear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary