navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » I always wonder - triolet
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic I always wonder - triolet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2002-02-11 07:17 PM

I always wonder where it has been,
when the wind is blowing hard.
Wind itself has never been seen,
I always wonder where it has been.
Sometimes it's soft, sometimes it's mean,
was it at your place, it did start?
when the wind is blowing hard.

when the rain turns into snow
If there's too much it can be mean
by some the snow has never been seen
The wind is moving it by a soft blow
I always wonder where it has been
when the rain turns into snow

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Check out my new website: lookheretitia.fcpages.com (I didn't 'link' this, so it won't take too much space).I

© Copyright 2002 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 posted 2002-02-12 11:04 AM

Oh boy, you wrote two! Well, 1=4=7 and 2=8, your rhyme scheme is ok, but - argh, don't hate me for asking this - I get the feeling you've been trying to translate a "feeling" (from Dutch?) and I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Could you fill me in please?
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
2 posted 2002-02-12 04:16 PM

Thanks Munda,

What I ment was: I like to imagine where the wind has been before it hits me. It's just a little game I play.

Didn't came out quite well I suppose, the meaning that is. Oh well, it was just a try.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Check out my new website: lookheretitia.fcpages.com (I didn't 'link' this, so it won't take too much space).I

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2002-02-12 08:56 PM

Oh sheesh Titia, you wonder where it's all been as well?  Thank goodness!  I feel MUCH better now!  

Lovely pieces here!

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 posted 2002-02-13 05:49 AM

Thanks for explaining Titia.

"Didn't came out quite well I suppose, the meaning that is. Oh well, it was just a try."

LOL You didn't think I'd let you get away with it that easily, did ya? Come on gal! With a little effort you can change this to what you actually want it to say! After all... that's what the Workshop is about isn't it? Play with words, learn and the occasional spitball from Pete.

Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
5 posted 2002-02-13 08:00 PM

Titia--I WILL wonder where the wind has been now that you mention it.  I always just wanted a fierce wind to ease up.  Now I will think about it touching others before it comes to me.
It is a kind wind that has been connecting all of us.  This is a wonderful group of people and I'm enjoying reading the poems.  Just getting started with y'all and hope to become better acquainted.  I'm learning lots!
Shenachie

Casidy
since 2002-01-27
Posts 36
The Heart of Texas
6 posted 2002-02-13 11:28 PM

I could see the game that you were playing Titia ;-)... this is wonderful... I loved how you carried over into the second stanza with the repeat... gave me inspiration... I did lose the meter on the first stanza seventh line a little bit with the question... but over all this is such a fun piece... would be nice to see more to it also!
Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
7 posted 2002-02-14 11:13 AM

Hi Titia,

Sorry to be so slow in getting to this one but my employer insists that I work at least part time.

Both of these are very nice. They left me with a really pleasant feeling and that's a good thing. I too like the way you have carried over the lines from the first to the second. And your rhyme scheme was good, at least for your "side of the pond." As Munda pointed out in another thread, been can be a troublesome word since it can sound quite different depending on where it is spoken. I still think it is ok here though.

Good job,
Pete

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2002-02-17 09:51 AM

I got it - I did know what you were saying... It works for me.. I too wonder sometimes where the wind and rain have been... and where they're going.. I like this - Nicely said, sheepish one...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » I always wonder - triolet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary