navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK (look ma, no spelling errors :)
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK (look ma, no spelling errors :) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoppy
since 2000-01-27
Posts 271

0 posted 2000-01-28 12:34 PM

Learning

My head spinning round
Insides feel like i'm falling down
I think and look up what I found
Phrases and words noone knows
Minds fall down in filed rows
Logic tetters to and frow
Self konwledge begins to grow
What I found I want to reveal
But I can't, I'm learning still
---Written by:Hoppy
9-19-99

© Copyright 2000 Hoppy - All Rights Reserved
poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
1 posted 2000-01-28 09:02 PM

hoppy: well, you did have a few spelling errors (teeter, knowledge) but that's common... i like the poem (especially line 5) quite a bit, but the off-rhyme in the last line really bothers me... all the other lines have approximate or exact rhyme, but the last line (unless you grossly mispronounce the word) doesn't fit... my suggestion is to change one of the last two lines to rhyme the other (perhaps even rewrite both of them to fit your intended meaning)... one example would be "i desire to reveal what i have found/ but i'm learning still the more profound" (just a suggestion)...

sincerely,
jerome the boy with no kool-aid

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
~Coleridge

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK (look ma, no spelling errors :)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary