navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » My best friend's death
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic My best friend's death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SwEEt&iNnOcCeNt
since 2000-03-09
Posts 45

0 posted 2000-06-05 12:25 PM

Saying goodbye is the hardest thing anyone has to do..
not only to a family memeber
but also to your best friend,

growing up together,
going through tuff times,
picking each other up when we were down,
growing old together will never happen anymore,

I stand here watching you being lowered into the growned..
holding back the tears
trying not to show the pain in my heat to the world
but i couldn't
i just saw my best friend being lowered right infront of me,
and no more can i live with you not by my side

but that is something i'm going to have to do
not seeing you anymore
having to hold you in my heart forever more
i will always love you,
you'll always be my best friend
even if your my little sister..

Love you forever more.

© Copyright 2000 SwEEt&iNnOcCeNt - All Rights Reserved
Isabelle
since 1999-08-25
Posts 176
Indiana
1 posted 2000-06-05 12:51 PM

This has to be a hard thing. I don't know what I would do without my best friend or my own brother. I do wish you the best of luck and hold in there. You have my condolences.

Luv,

Jeanna  

"Poetry is the music of the souls, and above all, of great and feeling souls."
~Voltaire~

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
2 posted 2000-06-05 04:31 PM

This a good poem and a great way to express feelings you hide.

I lost a good friend a few weeks ago, and I know how it feels to look at this, once very hiperactive person's face, without any emotion, still and calm. (Goodbye Jessica)

Since then I have though alot about death, and how sudden it comes, without warning.

If you want to talk, feel free to mail me.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
3 posted 2000-06-05 08:27 PM

Hey hun! I'm sooooo sorry about your loss!! I know how you feel! about alomst 4 months ago I lost one of my best friends to a drunk driver. =*( he was 17 supposed to graduate this year. I spent every day of my life with him for about 13 years growing up. He always stuck up for me and told me how it was. I will always remeber the smile on his face when he watched me sing my first solo and the state competitions. I love that kid with all my heart and no matter what know that soon enough I will see him again. My BEST FRIEND micale just lost her dear friend Lauren a couple of weeks ago. I felt her pain but still didn't knwo what to do or say because it's a scary thing knowing that this person isnot going to be a part of your life any more. My heart and prayers are with you and I hope that you get throught this ok!! Best of Luck! Love Always ~*~Jessica Lynn~*~
p.s. if you need to talk e-mail me!! =0)

mickel2995
since 2000-05-24
Posts 48

4 posted 2000-06-05 11:19 PM

Wow, it seems to me that many young people are losing their lives at such an unfortunate time.  some barely old enough to drive.  I know a month and a half a  I lost one of my dearest friends dur to a tradgic car accident, and it's hard.  When you say you were watching her being lowered into the ground, I totally know what you are talking about, and it the most eye opening part.  And I also agree with the other replies that after losing a person so close to you, you have many questions about life and death.  But we just all need to keep our heads up and will get better, I fell your pain, all of you, just keep your heads up!! Love Micale.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » My best friend's death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary