navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The Guy Online
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Guy Online Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JennyeMeshan
since 2000-02-15
Posts 103
Cecil, Wisconsin USA

0 posted 2000-06-02 03:21 AM

Every night I come online,
To see if you're doing fine,
I met you not too long ago,
Closer and closer we do grow,
I found out that you live so close,
Always the one I wanna see the most,
Could something really happen here?,
But trusting you is my biggest fear,
You make me smile on a gloomy day,
Always know the right thing to say,
Will we ever meet sometime?,
Go for dinner and drink some wine,
Will you make me smile like before?,
And hopefully grow into something more?,
Or will you never be up to it,
I will be neverous I have to admit,
I wait for this day I wait for the nite,
Hopefully things will turn out alright.
-JennyeMeshan

This poem is about a guy I met online and he is a really great guy. He makes me smile on days when I'm hurting. I want to meet him so bad but I don't know if I know him well enough. We tell each other everything and I do the same. He helps me feel better about my life and he supports everything I do. If he feels it's bad he will object. He says he wants to meet me sometime and get together. It was a shock and so I wrote about it. Thankx for reading!!  

"If thou can wait then thou shall stay"
-Destiny's Child

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer Trejo - All Rights Reserved
DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
1 posted 2000-06-02 09:47 AM

ahhh, very beautiful poem. It is very nearly the same as it was when I first met Jen, we talked on the phone a whole lot, then we decided to meet at the park one friday afternoon, and now   well, let us just say that sometimes, taking a step off into the unknown is well worth the risk. I'm glad you've found someone to share your poblems with.

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." \
I am lost in my own mind.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great,
And would suffice.
-Robert Frost

jenleslie
since 2000-05-26
Posts 16
USA
2 posted 2000-06-02 05:07 PM

it's very cool that you trust him enough to think about meeting him. wheneveri meet someone online i never feel the trust. go with it. it was an awesome poem too.  

A broken bone can heal, but the wound a word opens can fester forever.
~Jessamyn West

JennyeMeshan
since 2000-02-15
Posts 103
Cecil, Wisconsin USA
3 posted 2000-06-03 02:00 PM

Thankx for your very nice replies to my poem. I might meet him yet...but I have to wait and see what happens.

JennyeMeshan  

-Destiny's Child

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
4 posted 2000-06-04 04:56 PM

Hey, don't feel alone here...I have an on-line thing giong too.  I'm going to meet her in August (11 hours away!!)  She's actually planning on moving here if things stay the same or progress.  I'ts really kewl and I'm happy for you.  Oh, yeah..Your poem had kind of that simple "prayer at nigth" kind of vibe in it like a song called "Dear Diary".   good job.

Jeremy D. Halstead

nikki813
since 2000-04-29
Posts 15
PA, USA
5 posted 2000-06-04 06:12 PM

Good Poem. I wish you the best of luck, but be careful!
*Nikki*

Isabelle
since 1999-08-25
Posts 176
Indiana
6 posted 2000-06-05 12:17 PM

Beautifully written. I do know how you feel. I have a guy on the internet that i've been talking to for about a year now i want to meet him so bad but he lives in Pennsylvania while i'm here in Indiana. If i were u i'd go for it...just take precaution k. GOOD LUCK!

Jeanna  

CLBinLOVE
since 2000-06-04
Posts 147
Hilton Head, SC, USA
7 posted 2000-06-05 11:55 AM

well, as alot of other people who have replied to this site, i have a story that fits this poem also...me and my girlfriend met at a 3 week summer program over the summer, we became friends, and then when the 3 weeks were over we exchanged emails since she lived about 1 hour away.   From july til december we talked daily, first through email, then through Instant Messanger, and occaonsionally over the phone.  In december i asked her out, and i think it was the best decision of my life.  
stick with your feeling, go with them, and if you feel that you can trust him enough to tell him you secrets, then you should trust him enough to see him

always follow your heart, never follow others unless it is truely where you want to go, and never give up a dream, maybe just set it aside...:)

JennyeMeshan
since 2000-02-15
Posts 103
Cecil, Wisconsin USA
8 posted 2000-06-06 04:43 PM

thankx for replying. Sadly he hasn't answered my e-mails in a while and I"m a little worried but I haven't lost hope just yet. Hopefully he's just busy with work or something. hehe but things have gotten better since Nate left my life.   bye all and thankx for reading!
-JennyeMeshan  

-Destiny's Child

amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
9 posted 2000-06-06 04:50 PM

Hi Jenn
It was very interesting. TO meet people online is terrific. YOu can explore more about them then we can do personally ofcourse if they are true.

Sincerely
A_L

JennyeMeshan
since 2000-02-15
Posts 103
Cecil, Wisconsin USA
10 posted 2000-06-08 07:41 AM

hi and thankx again for replying. I met him and he was great. I can't believe how well we hit it off. He was a really nice guy. THankx for the confidence and help.
lataz,
JennyeMeshan

-Destiny's Child

Novacaine For The Soul
since 2000-05-26
Posts 122
New Orleans
11 posted 2000-06-09 10:41 PM

dear jennye:
     though i'm not much for "love" poetry and your form could use some work, i felt a need to respond to this in order to encourage you and wish you the best in your relationship... my significant other (of a year and a half now) and i met online and have maintained a loving and caring relationship over the 1,500 some-odd miles between us... i hope this chap is as wonderful as you seem to think he is... best of luck to the both of you...

sincerely,
a sad tomato

you're such a beautiful freak... i wish there were more just like you...

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
12 posted 2007-11-15 07:08 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The Guy Online

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary