navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » could friends be lovers?
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic could friends be lovers? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Haroon
since 2000-05-23
Posts 7

0 posted 2000-05-23 09:52 AM

Hello to all. I wrote this poem in response to a female friend of mine, who has become very important to me in my life. I get all dreamy when I think about her but Im afraid to disclose my feelings for her since we are 'friends'...

Here it is anyway...

Life as an emotion
Demands great devotion,
                        ...Like I give to you.

Loving with such passion
My heart's now fashioned,
                        ...In adoration of you.

Blinded by this beauty
Of your personality,
                        ...I wonder if it is fate?

That to meet someone like you
A wonderfl beau,
                        ...Alas, my soul mate.

(My heart is in turmoil - I don't know what to do)

© Copyright 2000 Haroon Khan - All Rights Reserved
aussie_princesss
since 2000-05-17
Posts 15
Australia
1 posted 2000-05-23 10:11 AM

Haroon, maybe the best thing would be for you to send her this poem, just see what happens maybe you are destined to be just friends but at least give her the chance of reading this. Who knows maybe she feels the same.
By the way its a great poem.
Rhiannon

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
2 posted 2000-05-23 10:23 AM

The path from friendship to love is a dangerous one. But worth it many times. Great poem.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2000-05-23 03:22 PM

Welcome to Passions!

The line between friendship and love is a hard one to cross, and there is a lot at risk. The only thing you can do is be true to yourself, so you won't wonder what "could have happened" all your life.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
4 posted 2000-05-23 03:30 PM

What is meant to be will be.....best of luck in all your romantic pursuits! Seriously, I hope things turn out the way you want em to. Welcome to Passions!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
5 posted 2000-05-24 06:57 PM

Hola, amigo!

Welcome to Passions.  Intresting structure, can say i seen anything like it.  Unique is good. Yes, i think many of us relate to this "friend turned lover" thing, but if you ask me, Close friends make the best lovers (:

Ya, so send it to her, lifes to short to simply comtemplate what could have been!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-05-25 01:19 AM

Don't hold back..a missed opportunity is a missed opportunity....welcome to the family, please check your email....(you may want to send this to her!)  
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

7 posted 2000-05-25 04:59 PM

Wow....welcome to passions. This is such a nice piece. Really sweet....If I were you I'd give her this and she'd understand. I really like this...what a wonderful first post!

Salma

"Not all the answers lie within your realm or mine, they lie within the borders."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » could friends be lovers?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary