navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Goodbye
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Goodbye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Karen
since 2000-04-30
Posts 36
Utah

0 posted 2000-05-22 09:26 PM

Good-bye

I
Cried
After your funeral
In the shadows of the cemetery
To say good-bye

I'm trying out new kinds of poetry.  I think that this kind paints a picture and then let the reader's imagination add color.  What do you think?

© Copyright 2000 Karen Moyes - All Rights Reserved
Daysleeper
since 2000-04-23
Posts 119

1 posted 2000-05-22 10:33 PM

Imagism... I couldn't tell you who wrote this right off the top of my head but... it's like this.

Faces in the crowd,
like petals on a wet black bough.

This poem was oringinally written to be several pages long, about the poet's experiance of seeing a beautiful woman in a metro station... in the end this was what he liked out of it... Imagism is a great form of poetry... and your's is admirable.

...Daysleeper...

"We prefer to do things comfortably" said the Controller.
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
"Alright then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy." -Aldous Huxley "Brave New World"

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-05-25 01:11 AM

Yes, this is good. I recommend a good book for challenging yourself to write different styles. It's Creating Poetry by John Drury. I use it a lot....and you can join the Poetry Workshop..and soon, very soon, we will begin our Mentor program and you can choose a volunteer Member to help you with your writing.. and of course, all the Moderators are here for you any time you have a question.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Goodbye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary