navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Fountain
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fountain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Frosty
since 2000-05-06
Posts 17

0 posted 2000-05-13 03:44 PM

Although this in no was relates to teen matters, you'll deal

He laughs
His age deceiving
Bright eyes twinkle
His wrinkled face
A mystery
His youth unveiled
In his old age
The fountain of youth
Is not what it seems
It cannot be discovered
Until you are to old to care.

© Copyright 2000 Frosty - All Rights Reserved
Daysleeper
since 2000-04-23
Posts 119

1 posted 2000-05-14 11:13 PM

I absolutely love this! How it got this far down without any replies is beyond me... but I'm putting it back where it belongs. Fantastic poem! Great idea! Compact, and nicely written!

...Daysleeper...

"We prefer to do things comfortably" said the Controller.
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
"Alright then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy." -Aldous Huxley "Brave New World"

Frosty
since 2000-05-06
Posts 17

2 posted 2000-05-16 07:03 PM

Thanks, I really liked this one, it's one of my favorites, I wrote it last year at writing camp. I was just done with seventh grade, and we had to write a poem relating to a picture of a person with an odd facial expression.  I chose an old man with a baby chicken on his head.  Thanks, Have a nice day
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Fountain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary