navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Turned Around (the essence of life)
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Turned Around (the essence of life) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoppy
since 2000-01-27
Posts 271

0 posted 2000-04-21 02:44 PM

I wrote this poem about a special time of my life.  One i remember fondly even though it was quiet a long time ago.  While reading this do thing about it and what it means.  

Turned Around

The sky is grey smelling like rain,
My heart held open for a moment of prayer;
The words come so slowly through the pain.
the spirit touching me, nothing can compare,
i bid him come in and never leave,
God, please move in my heart
the one hanging on my sleave;
it's time to let the healing start,
now is the time to make amends;
I feel the spirit about us,
Holding the hand my friend;
Standing infront of darkened water
With tounge lifted high,
I found my heart by the way side;
And I gave it to God to keep
from now till the end of time

---Written by:Hoppy

3-25-00  

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Don't look... you might see.
Don't listen... you might hear.
Don't think... you might learn.
Don't walk... you might stumble.
Don't run... you might fall.
Don't make a decision... you might be wrong.
Don't live...you might die.

© Copyright 2000 Hoppy - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2000-04-21 03:14 PM

This is wonderful!! I can relate to it too...I can remember the time I allowed God to be in my heart and now He always will be. I love the way you put it at the end..."I found my heart by the wayside; And I gave it to God to keep from now til the end of time." I really love this poem!! Great post!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

PS Do you ever post anywhere apart from the teen forum?

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

natalie
since 2000-04-02
Posts 56

2 posted 2000-04-21 03:18 PM

well I don't really believe in God, but I can relate in this poem, 'cause I believe in other things too, it's a good poem about believe in a greater being,
natalie

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
3 posted 2000-04-23 09:39 AM

I ahven't been here in a long time, and I have missed this place alot. I'm reading poems from a few dayse back...

...so much has happend, things we can't change, not even all the tears in the world could make things better. Words/events have made scars in our souls and we think they'll never be mend again...WRONG!!...it is wonderful if you can know that your heart is on God's hands, and he won't let anything happen to it if if He doesn't know you can handle it. He lifts you up and the best feeling in the world is that he is your friend and he will never let you down.

Great poem. I loved it.

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
4 posted 2000-04-23 10:30 PM

Very powerful, hoppy.  I too can relate for recently, in my own quiet way, I let God into my heart also.  I really needed strength and I found it in him.  Thank you for the lovely read.     

*Krista Knutson*

As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins.
~*Albert Schweitzer*~

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
5 posted 2000-04-24 04:43 AM

I found this piece beautifully written. I am not a religious person either but I could relate to it to. Nice job.

~AF~

"Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement."
Christopher Fry

Daysleeper
since 2000-04-23
Posts 119

6 posted 2000-04-24 12:02 PM

I can't say that I have a lot of faith in any god, but this is a great peice of poetry, about faith, inspiration, spiritual movement. I'm on a personal quest right now, to assertain what my own truth is, and this poem, I feel can relate to anyone, of any faith.

...Daysleeper...

Blue Rose
since 2000-04-20
Posts 18
Vernonia OR USA
7 posted 2000-04-24 05:41 PM

I agree with daysleeper.  I'm not very into religion myself, but i admire you for it.  This is a great piece of poetry, and I am glad to have had a chance to read it (does that make any sense?).  Keep up the good work, and good luck in the future.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Turned Around (the essence of life)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary