navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Love Conquers
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love Conquers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jimmy
since 1999-07-17
Posts 42
Oak Grove

0 posted 2000-04-21 01:36 PM

I go through many stages,
My life has many sad pages,

I go through all the hate,
But Love is the one true state,

I have times when I cry,
I have times I want to die,

I have many more times I love,
When I think about what I was sent from above,

Now my angel has lost a wing,
Now i am left with no one to which I can cling,

You have moved far abay from me,
Now your caught up in happyness and glee,

I have turned to many things to forget you,
Alchohl, drugs, suicide, just to name a few,

I can say I hate you all that I want to,
But the bottom line, and most important is my love for you,

Im mad that you wont be a friend,
Won't even give time to see what could mend,

I say goodbye to you now, but not forever,
I say this now, 'cuz someday I hope to be together.

Laci,
I go through times when I hate you, thats because I love you soo much, but nothing is returned. I sit there and I can hear you saying things bad about being with me, but I try to ignore them, but When I get home it hits me. I hate you for saying it, saying you wasted your time. saying that over a year you wasted your time. I have wrote many things, from times i am crying, to times i am just strait pissed. but between those two emotions, love conquers all.

"A Love Found Brings A Smile, But The Lost Lost Only Brings Pain"

© Copyright 2000 Jimmy VanNatta - All Rights Reserved
AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
1 posted 2000-04-21 05:32 PM

Hi, it's me again...I think reading this new one, that you need to stop thinking of her as perfect.  Maybe that's why you two are not together, she feels like she's struggling to live up to your standards, it's a sad thing to say, but it has happened to me a few times.
But I still feel that if you want it so badly you should go for it.

Love Always,
Shell.

Isabelle
since 1999-08-25
Posts 176
Indiana
2 posted 2000-04-22 12:26 PM

Very well written. I've noticed we always seem to write good poems when they come from the heart.
I do hope that some day some girl comes along and treats you right and makes you leave laci in the past.

Isa

"Poetry is the music of the souls, and above all, of great and feeling souls."
~Voltaire~

4eva_at_heart
since 2000-02-12
Posts 238

3 posted 2000-04-22 01:07 AM

perhaps what angelshell said is true....perhaps you should consider trying to view her as less than perfect.
By any chance....is this jimmy that i dedicated "Shrouded by Snowflakes" to??

on the rose of love another bud opens.

best wishes

Bec

"whenever you are feeling alone...i'll take your hand in mine and we will walk together"

DaZeD&cOnFuSeD
since 2000-04-20
Posts 32

4 posted 2000-04-22 04:01 AM

I dunno if he is veiwing her as perfect that wasnt my impression from this poem... good poem though and hope you can forget her cause
if not you might have issues.Stay away from drugs and all that too it is not worth it trust me, when you get older your gonna think back at how stupid that was to hurt yourself over this girl... Or I could be wrong sorry
DåzêÐ&CõñfûsëÐ
Dana

DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
5 posted 2000-04-23 05:20 AM

ah, a very nice, well written poem. Tho in about thirty seconds this music is going to put me to sleeeep and i'm not going to remember any of this.... nighty all...

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." \
I am lost in my own mind.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great,
And would suffice.
-Robert Frost

Olga
since 1999-07-26
Posts 152
Brooklyn, NY, USA
6 posted 2000-04-24 09:08 PM

Ok, i really liked this poem, as well as all ur others. I know exactly how u feel, ive been there so many times. I have realized one thing, when one falls in love, he or she gives away a piece of their heart to the person they love, however they expect that in return, they will receive a piece of the other person's heart to fill the empty space. When the other person didnt return my love, the empty space grew bigger and bigger, until ther was almost nothing left. Take my advice and MOVE ON, because soon there will be nothing left in ur heart from the emptiness. I know its hard, ive been there, but as everyone else said its not worth it. This grl obviously does not understand u, move on and hopefully u'll find some grl that loves u as much as u love her.
---------------------------------------------
"You have to kiss alot of frogs before you find your prince".

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Love Conquers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary