navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » POETS, An annoucement from me!
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic POETS, An annoucement from me! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2000-04-21 07:02 AM

Ok everybody, two things:

1) Please avoid multiple posting...I did bump up an announcement on this but very few seem to have read it.... It is very hard to reply to everyone's work when some people post many poems at a time. Time is limited and everyone wants replies. Rather just post one at a time and reply to plenty....you'll get plenty more replies that way.

2) Please please don't put "please read" along with the title in the subject place! This is off putting and un necessary. I am sure your poetry is good enough to be read without this "please read" nonsense. You'll probably get more replies if you don't put it!!

Well, I hope you all read this and try to go along with it...I don't think it is unreasonable. I really hope you all take it in to consideration as you use this forum so that it should run smoothly for all users.

Thanks!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

© Copyright 2000 ESP - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
1 posted 2000-04-21 03:21 PM

Ok people, isn't anyone gonna read this? Geesh, here am I simply trying to look out for the smooth running of this forum and not one answer do I get! All I want is to make it easier for everyone to get more posts to their poems....

I hope someone reads this now that it's been bumped up with NO replies!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
2 posted 2000-04-21 04:57 PM

ESP, I think it was a good idea to post this message.  I am not a teen (far from it,lol)
but i enjoy reading the teen poetry and responding.  I think your advice will increase responses and make the forum more enjoyable for all.

DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
3 posted 2000-04-21 06:37 PM

hmmm, yeah, I agree 100%, and as I already fallow this, I see no problem in continueing doing so.

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." \
I am lost in my own mind.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great,
And would suffice.
-Robert Frost

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
4 posted 2000-04-21 10:22 PM

Thanks ESP!  I too have noticed that these things continue to go on here.  I for one am very glad you brought this up yet again.  

*Krista Knutson*

As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins.
~*Albert Schweitzer*~

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
5 posted 2000-04-22 03:09 AM

Thanks for replying....bumping it up again so I hope more people read it!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

DaZeD&cOnFuSeD
since 2000-04-20
Posts 32

6 posted 2000-04-22 03:30 AM

I agree except for the please read falls under a couple things alot of people I see post and then dont reply so thats why people are stuck on this PLEASE READ stuff... anyway good idea, its sad that people have to announce their poem that way just to have it read...
DåzêÐ&CõñfûsëÐ
Dana

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
7 posted 2000-04-22 03:48 AM

Well, if people replied to at least 5 poems before posting 1(note I say 1 not 5), then this wouldn't be a problem. This forum is sposed to go two ways: Getting replies and very importantly posting replies. Guys please, reply plenty before you post a poem....then please read can  become redundant!!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » POETS, An annoucement from me!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary