navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » whats happenin in teen #2
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic whats happenin in teen #2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Comfrey83
since 2000-04-02
Posts 36
Winchester, Mass USA

0 posted 2000-04-08 05:51 PM

aright i really like all the poems in here, but dont beg people to read or respond to keep it in the forum or just in general, the best poems are kept in here to represent the best of this chat, im not getting down on anybody but just thought id put in my two cents.
peace out everyone.
-Andy

© Copyright 2000 Andrew SJogren - All Rights Reserved
Master
since 1999-08-18
Posts 1867
Boston, MA
1 posted 2000-04-08 10:36 PM

Agree with you, give credit where credit is due! Saying that every poem is awesome will not help any of us become better poets. I read a lot of poems, but respond very rarely, only when I truly enjoy someone's work.  

[This message has been edited by Master (edited 04-08-2000).]

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2000-04-08 11:45 PM

I agree very much with both of you.

~AF~

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
3 posted 2000-04-09 08:15 AM

I agree that people shouldn't put "please read" on the end of the title of their poems, but I do think we should reply to as many as possible. Everyone needs encouragement, not only the ones in line for the brilliancy award. I always reply firstly to the poems with no replies cos I think all the poetry in this forum deserves replies. People shouldn't have to put "please read" on their titles, we should be inclined to reply to any and all without that. ***getting off my soap box*** . Be kind everybody, we are all human and we all need encouragement.

Love and hugs to all,
Lizzie

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
4 posted 2000-04-09 09:56 AM

What do the rest of you think?
I am interested to know!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-04-09 10:38 AM

Generally we do not allow anything but poetry to be posted in this forum BUT this is an issue that has come up before. Comments like "Please read" in the subject tends to cause less responses. Multipule postings (posting several poems at once) is also a cause for less responses. We all like to read and respond to as many poems as we can but it is made difficult when the forum is flooded with posts. The best way to get more responses to your work would be to respond to others work as much as possible. When someone sees your handle in a response to their work they are more apt to look for your work.

We are here to encourage young writers and if something is not to your taste and you wish not to reply, that is fine. If you read something that you like but think there are ways of improving the piece, please let the poet know. We are here to learn as well as to post. We are here to share ideas and to help eachother grow as well as getting reconition for our work. If someone is not open to constructive critizism, we can assertain that by their responses to our replies.

We are here to help and encourage so we can all grow as poets and people. I hope we can do this is a respectful manner.

Thanks.  

Marilyn

natalie
since 2000-04-02
Posts 56

6 posted 2000-04-09 03:50 PM

I agree with Lizzie, everybody needs the encouragement, that's why we need to reply to as much poems as we can. I don't think I would write poems, if I didn't get any. It's just something you need, not only to keep writing, but for living
natalie...

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
7 posted 2000-04-10 12:16 PM

Marilyn you couldn't have said it better.

~AF~

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » whats happenin in teen #2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary