navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » I cry out in vain...
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I cry out in vain... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan

0 posted 2000-03-27 01:55 AM

I question your God, my heart, and my soul
Existence needs proof, in stories I'm told
But I sit here and cry, lacking gratification
While others have died, soley for their religion

So why do I cry? If I do not beleive
What makes me doubt... I can not conceive
Is it power above? Or in my own heart
where these feelings are born, I know not where to start

Is God just a form of societal ethic?
Or is God a true being, to be viewed as angelic
It is nature to question, but with no answers received
I am still hanging, what can I acheive?

In need of assistance, I cry out in vain
I am a lost child, my doubts will retain
But I fear for my death, for what will remain

please help...for I fear I am already slain.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

© Copyright 2000 Lucius Cade - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2000-03-27 06:55 AM

God is whatever you percieve Him to be. Let the knowledge your heart has, not your brain, tell you what you need to know. Listen to your heart. This is a beautiful poem.
Mellon Collie
since 2000-03-25
Posts 49
united states of america
2 posted 2000-03-27 11:53 AM

dear lucius,

a question that all men ponder and few truly resolve -- the nature of God and of their own personal faith.  i suppose that i am one of the lucky few that has found what i so fervently sought, and it seems that you have a heart willing to see what many refuse to see.  i would take issue with what ESP has said and at the same time attempt to answer the question posed in the 3rd stanza of your poem with what my quest for truth has revealed to me:  God is not a being to be shaped by the wills, societies, minds or desires of men, but rather that which IS and ever will be unmoved and stable in His glory and in his nature.  i am no evangelist, and i am no born-and-raised God-fearer or Christian.  i am one that sought truth through an understanding of life and the motivations for living that stemmed directly from what your words address -- the deeply seated internal desire to know something more -- in my system of beliefs, to know God.  if you'd like to talk, then feel free to email me (the_beautiful_freak@hotmail.com). i wont try to "save" you, but mabye i can help to answer some of your questions/doubts/fears.  as for the poem itself, this is an absolutely beautiful piece of work.  where did you learn to write?  and i'm certain i've seen the name Lucius Cade appear in some literary work, but i can't even begin to place it right now.  anyway, i have no criticisms for this poem (which is quite extraordinary) and i look forward to reading your future works  

sincerely,
the beautiful freak

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
3 posted 2000-03-27 02:00 PM

Thank both for your replies.
Mellon Collie, after reading your post, I have decided to make it a point in my life to look into God more deeply then I have before. I really havent gave it much spiritual thought, only pondered the scientific side, which led me to disbeleif. Your words seem to help me so expect an email from me sometime in the near future.
As for where I learned to write, I am flattered, because I have not taken classes or had other influenced besides I love to read poetry. I really had no idea I could write untill I tried just recently.
thank you again for your support.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

Mellon Collie
since 2000-03-25
Posts 49
united states of america
4 posted 2000-03-29 02:24 AM

dear lucius,

well, i'm certainly flattered that my words had some impact and i'll be awaiting that email (few people actually write to me *heh* i get lonely).  i "learned" to write about the same way you did -- by reading.  i took an interest in the Romantic poets of the 17 and 1600s and since that time i've been reading everything i can get my hands on.  milton is a favorite, as are donne and tennyson.  i'm happy to hear of your decision and i hope that it leads you not only to an understanding of the spiritual side of life, but also to a more coherent worldview that allows both for the scientific and the supernatural.  i used to believe that everything science claimed was true.  i hope that you have not fallen into the same trap.  so little is provable to any degree of certainty, it all seems rather ridiculous to me now (not to offend you if you do put faith in science).  anyway, it's late and i wont ramble further.  just wanted you to know that i recieved your message.

sincerely,
the beautiful freak

p.s. -- i hope to read more of your poems on here soon.  i'm in need of some fresh, thought-provoking literature.  if you'd like to read something of mine (since i've not yet actually ventured into poetry) i have a short ramble over in the prose forum about frustrated love *heh* i know, i know, but at least one person said it was good.  i would like your thoughts on it though -- positive or negative.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » I cry out in vain...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary