navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Tonight
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tonight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ashiraladoni
since 2000-03-08
Posts 52
Duluth, MN, USA

0 posted 2000-03-20 10:25 PM

Midnight. Stars shining in the heavens. Two lone people all alone. Hearts pounding like thunder, no words can escape the still night air.
" Tonight." He said. She agreed.  
The fire of passion burned brightly that night, but it was just lust, the yearning, hungry ache for the taste of the flesh was all it was.
Years later, they met again. This time, under unusual circumstances. He was married, so was she.
" Tonight." He said. She agreed.
The fire of passion burned once again that night, except when the dawn's early light shined across the floor, they realized, it should have never been.
"God save us." She said, " What have we done?"
They gathered their things, and left the dark hotel room, feeling shame beyond all belief.
One night was all it took. One night to realize their mistake.
One night was all it took, for me to realize my mistake.
Never again, will I agree to "Tonight."

" To be free, or to be enslaved, that is the question."

© Copyright 2000 Heidi Wiitanen - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-03-21 03:39 PM

Well written I feel.  Interesting how experience will enlighten us to the realities of the world, and open our eyes sometimes.
Good job with this one.

rachella
since 2000-02-10
Posts 39
Indiana
2 posted 2000-03-21 07:37 PM

Ash~
  nice. It was very interesting reading. Different circumstances can make the same setting opposite stories.  Keep it up.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Tonight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary