navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » I Love You
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Love You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI

0 posted 2000-03-13 10:48 AM

You have no idea
what those three little words
you told me meant to me.

I love you,
you've made me happier
than I've been
in the longest time.

I've never felt
so alive with someone before.
And never had so much fun
being myself,
without worrying about
what you might think or say.

You've made me feel
like a princess,
like someone important
in your life,
just by telling me
those three little words,
by telling me
"I Love You."

~Kristi Lynn
for Nate

© Copyright 2000 Kristi Stanczak - All Rights Reserved
jytree
since 2000-01-26
Posts 336
omaha ark usa
1 posted 2000-03-13 12:04 PM

good job I can tell it was from  your heart just tap into those feelings inside and write what you feel and let the potry flow

The Phamtom Poet
Michael Jay
Vaughn

Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
2 posted 2000-03-13 12:50 PM

Great job! I do have one word of advice. "I LOVE YOU" is not three little words. Most teens throw that phrase around like it means nothing. Be careful...
angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
3 posted 2000-03-13 01:50 PM

Thank you for your replies.  
Jytree~ thank you very much.  I always write what I feel.
Jer~ I know they aren't 3 little words, but I hope to god he means them.  I'll figure everything out in time.  It's good to see you here again.  
~Kristi Lynn

DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
4 posted 2000-03-13 01:51 PM

Very beutiful poem Kristi. I like it a lot, good job.

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." I am lost in my own mind.

4eva_at_heart
since 2000-02-12
Posts 238

5 posted 2000-03-14 04:33 AM

this is great!!!
i know exactly how you feel! isn't life grand? isn't love and a sense of feeling wanted even better?!?!
Jer: you are right...'i love you' shouldn't be viewed upon as just words, but on the contrary, some 'teens' respect the meaning and importance of that, and i know from experience that others have thought me foolish for using them, but has there ever really been a a consent age for finding that special person? some of us are just fortunate to to find these people at a young age

overall...what a wonderful poem and i wish you all the best with your man

Bec

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
6 posted 2000-03-14 09:39 AM

Thank you sooooo much for liking my poem, DragonFang.  It's so nice to know that you like the emotion I put into my poetry...

Bec~
Oh, I love the feeling of being loved and wanted and important.  There's so much of a good feeling there.  I agree also that some people may think you foolish for using the words "I love you," but with me, I won't say it unless I mean it...  I realize that people may think I'm too young, but there isn't a set age that you can fall in love at.  It'll happen at any time, and it'll happen when and where you least expect it...

~Kristi Lynn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » I Love You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary