navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » why
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic why Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PEACEMAKER
since 2000-03-11
Posts 19
Sydney N.S.W Australia

0 posted 2000-03-13 08:40 AM

Why do you all hate me
And make fun at what i do
Lock me out of your world
Left in here with only a few

I changed my ways just so
I could look like you
But still you all hate me
And make fun at what i do

All of us out here
Are all hurt by you
We look back at you now
With hate in our eyes

Now we are condemned
For we don't just look like you
We have all become you
By hating
Broken in
Just like you

© Copyright 2000 PEACEMAKER - All Rights Reserved
4eva_at_heart
since 2000-02-12
Posts 238

1 posted 2000-03-14 04:02 AM

this is a good post.
we are all different for a reason, individuality shouldn't be looked down at like it is all the time. it's a shame that the subjects of the poem became in a way like their 'enemy'.
people spend most of their lives shaping themselves to be like others in order to gain acceptance, and in the process they lose their identity and other people who they didn't realise were extremely important or potential friends. trust me,,,i have spent most of my life trying to fit in with the crowd.

Bec

dazed
since 2000-03-13
Posts 119
USA
2 posted 2000-03-14 04:36 AM

great work !!
be a leader not a fallower!!
your friend
dana

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
3 posted 2000-03-14 11:11 AM

Good job on this poem.  I think a lot of people can relate.  A word of advice- be yourself, not like others.  If you do that, you'll be a lot happier, and things will look up after that.  Be happy with who you are.  Trust me, I know from experience.  I spent much of my time here in High School trying to fit in, but last year, my Junior year, I started not caring what others thought, and once I started that, I accepted myself, and I've been doing a lot better.  Try it.  Being yourself is what counts, and who cares what others think as long as you're happy with who you are.
~Kristi Lynn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » why

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary