navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » How Can You Love Me?
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic How Can You Love Me? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI

0 posted 2000-02-14 10:07 AM

I wrote this one when I guy I met just over a month ago wrote a poem that told me how much he loved me- and I told him I don't even want to go out with him!

How can you love me?
We haven't known each other very long.
How can you love me?
Are you sure this feeling isn't wrong?

How can you love me?
You say you can't stand when we're apart.
How can you love me?
You don't even know what's in my heart.

How can you love me?
We haven't even had the chance to be.
How can you love me?
You don't even know the real me.

How can you love me?
You can't even see what's behind my eyes.
How can you love me?
You don't even understand my cries.

How can you love me?
You think that's the way you feel.
How can you love me
if you know those feelings may not be real?

~Kristi Lynn    

"Why does no one sees how hard I cry?" -Me

© Copyright 2000 Kristi Stanczak - All Rights Reserved
sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
just about where I want to be
1 posted 2000-02-14 11:03 AM

Kristi~~ Great poem! I've been in this situation oh so many times...The guy would say he loved me, then....break my heart  

Anyway, I've found someone better now...if you don't already know, who loves me for who I am, not what I look like, he doesn't mind that I'm poor, he doesn't hate me because I'm not rich, he just loves...me  

Thanks for writing this!  

stay cool Kristi

~~Lavada~~

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
2 posted 2000-02-14 03:59 PM

Lavada~ I'm glad you liked my poem, 'cuz I had the worst time writing it...  Ok, I met this guy the weekend after new year's, and he had just broken up with one of my good friends.  He started liking me, but I don't have any interest in him, except as a friend.  He won't get it through his head that I'm not interested in him that way!      He told me that he loved me in some letters he wrote and a few poems that he wrote, and he told my friend Angie that he loves me!  I don't even know him, like i said before, and it's kinda creepy....
~Kristi Lynn    

Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
3 posted 2000-02-14 07:14 PM

Ahhhh... the three words humans seem to mumble so easily. I know what you are saying here Kristi. Some "People" use those three words as if it is just so easily said and shown. Well, it is easily said, but its just hard to really show someone that this feeling you have is love. It could be possible for him to really love you after one month however, I think that it was most likely lust and obsession! Most teens don’t know what love is so... Anyway good job.

"WRITING IS EASY. ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER UNTIL DROPS OF BLOOD FORM ON YOUR FOREHEAD." Gene Fowler

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
4 posted 2000-02-15 05:15 PM

Jer, I hope it's not obsession or lust or love with him.  I care about him as a friend, and he keeps asking me out and stuff.  I'm starting to just stay away from him, and if we are near each other, it's  with other people around.  I wish he would just listen to me sometime....
~Kristi Lynn

JennyeMeshan
since 2000-02-15
Posts 103
Cecil, Wisconsin USA
5 posted 2000-02-15 07:26 PM

hey hun....I wish I knew who that was in your poem.....I still love you and what is up with Isaac?!?! LOL!

Love ya like a sista,
Jennye T....

LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
6 posted 2000-02-15 08:47 PM

I can really feel your pain babe.    If you can't get through to him, just say "will you love me when I'm 80 and toothless?"   Seriously though, just be firm and don't relent. Hopefully he'll figure it out. Keep smilin'!

*~Meredith~*

"The bullets you bite from the pain you request, you're finding harder to digest" -Collective Soul

Anglefire
since 2000-02-12
Posts 7
somewhere real close
7 posted 2000-02-15 08:58 PM

Im so sorry i can only show empathy as i do not know how you feel you should really read my first post i think youll like it!!
I hope you had a wonderful Valentines day i sure had fun... i was with someone i could only dream of being with.
Etan  

-If your looking for the meaning of life look on the floor of my car-

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
8 posted 2000-02-15 09:18 PM

i feel like slapping half the guys i talk to in the face with this poem, they all say they love me, but then when they learn my secrets, they quickly walk away

"Yes, I think 'toast' is an appropriate description."
-Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Dean
since 1999-11-23
Posts 120
Canada
9 posted 2000-02-15 09:45 PM

Hey first of all I just want to say great poem and I can see where your coming from.. But I wan't you to just take this in to mind sometimes love just works that way!! It's happend to me. I didnt even really know this girl that well but I knew I loved her we really hit it off!!! Just a thought!! Babygirl Keep your head up!!

"I love all who are positve and all who are positive to me"

"Live to love or why live at all"
Deano :)

Smore
since 2000-01-24
Posts 67
el paso
10 posted 2000-02-15 10:23 PM

If you havent already, tell him what you wrote here, if he loves you like he thinks, he want only you to be happy and comfortable around him.

Love isn't a miracle in life, the miracle of life is love.

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
11 posted 2000-02-16 12:52 PM

oh how fickle, how narcissitic we are... i would just like to send out a big

AMEN!!

to this poem... i read dozens of poems people write to other people and ask the readers whether the person will go out with them after reading it or not... but the key is not poetry, it is knowing the heart of the person... and i will now digress...

sincerely,
jerome the melancholy priest

[This message has been edited by poetry_kills (edited 02-16-2000).]

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
12 posted 2000-02-16 09:32 AM

Jennye:  Hey, chica, when did you actually get in here?  I saw your name and was like, what?  Anyhoo, I wrote this poem for Nate, Karissa's ex-man.  I DON'T WANT HIM TO FEEL THIS WAY FOR ME!  I want someone to love me for who I am, not who they think I am or who they want me to be...  Isaac got me in trouble at work, so I'm not speaking to him right now... LOL    
Dean: I know he might think he loves me, but I also know that he hates being alone.  I know his past with women, and he had just broken up with my friend Karissa 3 or 4 days before he started chasing after me...
Tamma:  Thank you for understanding!!!!
Jerome:  Thank you for actually appreciating what I'm saying in this poem.  Glad you like it, it means a lot...
~Kristi Lynn    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » How Can You Love Me?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary