navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Hoping beside pain
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hoping beside pain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa

0 posted 2000-02-10 02:05 PM

Love and hate
is a part of us all.
There will come times
that we will fall,
we will get hurt,
without understanding,
wondering why we didn't
have a safe landing.
But when we fall
we should quickly get up,
start again,
never give up.
Cause after the darkness
a new day will dawn,
and a rainbow will appear
after the storm.
After the pian and the loss
we may feel,
there will come a time
our wounds will heel.
We'll experience inner peace
and a deeper appreciation
of the true meaning of life...
God's creation.

© Copyright 2000 TearsOfPearls - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-02-10 05:15 PM

Excellent! What a great message for all to read.  Everyone get's discouraged one time or another and your message provides a remedy when none seems available.
Well written!
Danny

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
2 posted 2000-02-10 05:23 PM

WOW!  I love this poem!  I understand the point of view completely where you're coming from, the words would come in handy when my friends have low times, or when I have my low times.  I look forward to reading more of your poems in the near future...
~Kristi Lynn  

"Why does no one sees how hard I cry?" -Me

rich-pa
since 2000-02-07
Posts 317
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 posted 2000-02-10 05:52 PM

an excellent poem with a great massage, i also found it refreshingly innocent in the William Blake sort of way, there were some minor spelling errors but that's irrelavent, i dig it yo

rich-pa

HelmutB
since 2000-01-06
Posts 964
Canada
4 posted 2000-02-10 06:25 PM

Take it to heart, is all I can say
Wise words and put so nicely together
A poem to keep and cherish

The ability to describe life with words is similar to painting a picture; both can be powerful tools.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2000-02-10 07:08 PM

I really like this poem! Yes, there is always hope with God! Keep up the good work!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world"

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
6 posted 2000-02-10 08:27 PM

tears of pearl: i like the poem, but i'm not sure i see how you drew the connection between the final statement in the last line and the rest of the poem... pain, the flood imagery, and healing all seem to point towards perseverance more than creation in my mind... mabye you could enlighten me...

sincerely,
jerome the mysterious priest

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
~Coleridge

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
7 posted 2000-02-11 08:26 AM

Thanks all you guys, thanks for all the positive feedback.

poetry_kills...I'll try my best...

God is the Creater of all life, but what is life? Is it having a heartbeat, is it breathing, or is it getting up each morning? Well, I guess it is, but life is also about learning, hurting, anger, pain, depression, loving, caring, laughting, sharing times with the people you love, people that loves you.

Don't we sometimes create situasion for ourselves, sometimes we cope, sometimes we don't, but we experience one or the other feeling. I'm not sure what my point is...I guess what I'm trying to say is...if you don't make peace with the fact that things woun't always go the way you want it to go and that there will be times you will feel like braking down, you woun't be able to live your life, woun't be able to be all you can be without worriing about what others say. You will be afraid...wondering what bad thing is going to happen to you next. When you found that inner peace, you will be able to understand and accept life, or creation like I said. Isn't life a creation?

I hope that you'll find some sence in what I said, hope I answered your question.

Christelle

chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
8 posted 2000-02-11 09:43 AM

Great message and great work...it reallly helped me when i read it cause i was feelin pretty down but i read ur poem and now i feel rejuvenated and happy...Great work and i hope to see more

To be or not to be...that is the question.

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
9 posted 2000-02-11 04:40 PM

Thank you chic, I'm glad that my poem was able to help someone.
Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
10 posted 2000-02-11 10:04 PM

Good job Tears.  Welcome back to Passions. It has been awhile.

"WRITING IS EASY. ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER UNTIL DROPS OF BLOOD FORM ON YOUR FOREHEAD." Gene Fowler

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Hoping beside pain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary