navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Not So Sure
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not So Sure Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI

0 posted 2000-02-07 10:51 AM

You're so sure
that I'll come running back to you,
and that everything
will be the same as before.
I'm trying my best
to make you see
that we don't have
the relationship we once had.

You know I care about you,
and that I'll always be
a person you can count on,
but it's not the same.
I don't have the same feelings
I once had for you;
I only have feelings of friendship,
and I'm not so sure about the rest.

~Kristi Lynn

"Why does no one sees how hard I cry?" -Me

© Copyright 2000 Kristi Stanczak - All Rights Reserved
S3NSATION18
since 2000-01-26
Posts 31

1 posted 2000-02-07 11:31 AM

i can totally relate to your poem right now...my ex wants me back...and the feelings just arent there anymore..i wrote a poem about it called out of time....if you would like to read it let me know...keep up the good work..kristina

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
2 posted 2000-02-07 03:45 PM

Thanks, Kristina.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  It's hard to see him hurting so much, but there isn't anything I can do about it unless I make myself miserable for him, like I used to.  Thanks for your reply.
~Kristi Lynn

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
3 posted 2000-02-07 07:02 PM

angel: honestly, i can't relate to this, but i do like it    i think you have an intesting idea here (especially with the last line) and i think you express it well.. i would be interested in knowing what "the rest" is though...

sincerely,
jerome the mysterious priest

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
~Coleridge

Jer
since 1999-12-02
Posts 443
USA
4 posted 2000-02-07 07:11 PM

I like the poem.  I never had an Ex-girlfriend want to get back to gether so I have never been placed in this situation. But, I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. What is "the rest"?

"WRITING IS EASY. ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER UNTIL DROPS OF BLOOD FORM ON YOUR FOREHEAD." Gene Fowler

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
5 posted 2000-02-08 09:34 AM

Thanks for your replies.
Jer and jerome: I'm honestly glad you can't relate, 'cuz for me and all the people I know who have had their ex's chasing after them was always a hard time.  As for what "the rest" is, it's the relationship he and I once had, the one he's so sure I want back, even though I don't.  It's just hard to actually say what needs to be said, at least it is for me.  Thanks again for your replies, 'cuz when I write a poems that comes from the heart, it means a lot.
~Kristi Lynn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Not So Sure

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary