navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Frustrations (For Salooma)
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Frustrations (For Salooma) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kari
since 1999-10-03
Posts 104
Hyde Park, Ut, USA

0 posted 2000-02-07 01:21 AM

As I read Salooma's poem about her parents it reminded me of these thoughts which I wrote a long time ago.  I had to dig them up but I finally found them.  Tell me what you think.

You pretend to live the life you picture as perfect.  This puts me in pain.  Active voices place their one independant gift in life and you destroy, gaining pointless pride as you try to narrate my test.  MY test.  Your thoughtful harmony is nothing but a mistake taken by me.  You've put burning pressure on me and you act all innocent with your false knowledge.  You can't keep on intending that I'll come out right.  No one should intend.  If you had a real heavenly sincere feeling then maybe you'd understand the sharp structure which you are pulling me through.  You possess the sad ability while I carry the grief.  This journey is a near-impossible mission and you are the sorry leader of it.  Just spend a moment and think I am who I am because of me.  You can't take credit for my success.  You are my battle, not my guide.  Your base is far above the ground while mine is the stable one because I... allow myself to be unique.  Every condition is hard no matter what.  It all depends on what nail you choose to sink you foot into and how you accept the pain.  You don't resemble anyone but yourself as you drown in your stuggles just because I tend to be stronger... longer.  

© Copyright 2000 kari - All Rights Reserved
chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
1 posted 2000-02-07 10:12 AM

This is good. It and Salooma's poem remind me so much of the battle I am pitifully losing with my dad.  I can't do anything right in his eyes no matter how hard I try I talk to my mom about it and she say's the only thing to do is to move out and/or deal with it.  It's so frustrating
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

2 posted 2000-02-07 04:20 PM

This reminds of me of so much that went on with me. Thanks for posting this....it's really good too. I like the strong use of metaphores in it. Keep smilin'  

Salma

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Frustrations (For Salooma)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary