navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » just the sounds
Open Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic just the sounds Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
suicidal dreams
since 1999-09-28
Posts 343
Toledo Ohio USA

0 posted 1999-10-04 07:38 PM

The radio plays. It plays the sweet sounds of the rythmic Pink floyd, and the wailing of the mighty MetallicA.
The radio plays. Now it plays the growling vulgarity of Pantera, and the systematic riffs of KoRn.
The radio plays. This time it plays the unending Nirvana, and the disturbing lyrics of Manson.
The radio plays on, it never ends, it keeps going, it angers all around me, but I care not it is self expression

(I'm not sure of this post here it was mainly a trail and error thing.)

------------------
life is short kill quick

© Copyright 1999 Tom - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 1999-10-04 07:49 PM

You have expressed this well. I have my own particular taste in music (it MUST have a melody and words that I can understand) but I do understand that everyone has their own likes and dislikes in everything, including music! To each his/her own! But the thing that ANGERS me to no end is the VOLUME that this music you mention is played at. I think the anger comes from the fact that the person playing the music Soooooo LOUD is displaying their disregard to others around them who may not share their tastes in music and are being forced to listen to it anyway.
So if people wonder why others are angered by it...it just might be the ignorance of the person BLASTING that NOISE!!!

But that's just my opinion!

------------------
Denise

suicidal dreams
since 1999-09-28
Posts 343
Toledo Ohio USA
2 posted 1999-10-04 08:05 PM

thx for your opinion but it is not the music that makes us act this way it is people and our personalities

------------------
life is short kill quick

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 1999-10-04 08:09 PM

My point exactly!

------------------
Denise

suicidal dreams
since 1999-09-28
Posts 343
Toledo Ohio USA
4 posted 1999-10-04 08:11 PM

hmmm.thx again for the response

------------------
life is short kill quick

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » just the sounds

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary