navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Questions and Puzzles
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Questions and Puzzles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

0 posted 1999-06-23 09:08 AM

This isn't really a poem, but I thought I would ask.... and maybe it's not really a question either- but I'm finding it disheartening to get very little response to my submissions. Is it that bad? Feedback no matter how little or simple really does help and I thought that I had stumbled upon a really nice group (scratch that- everyone is really nice regardless)where I could get some sort of reaction. I know I don't rhyme and I know I don't write simple things but I do put my heart into them and I do feel sort of.. well, rejected.
I don't know.

I'm sorry for wasting space.

lurker mode for now

Christina

© Copyright 1999 Christina Myers - All Rights Reserved
Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
1 posted 1999-06-23 09:55 AM

many poems we have all posted get no reply.. but I find joy in the fact that I have a place to put them all.. I will try to remember that sometimes just a word about someone's bared soul is a lift to their day.
sea_of_okc
since 1999-06-15
Posts 568
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
2 posted 1999-06-23 10:13 AM

Christina, do not be disheartened. There are so many poems posted every day that to respond to each and every one is not realistic. I try to respond to several poems daily and I notice many other "regulars" do the same. I myself have posted a couple that I thought were superb and they received no responses. This is not always a reflection of the poems quality. Please continue posting!
Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

3 posted 1999-06-23 05:34 PM

Why I don’t Reply

As you can probably tell from these words I am useless at writing replies and if you scan through some of the poems posted you will be hard pressed to find many responses bearing my name this is probably due to the fact that I don’t know how people will respond if I’m negative or what the hell to say if I like something (I end up feeling an idiot by fawning ITS GREAT). I can’t count the number of times I have labored over that fill in form only to hit the clear and back button before I had finished, so don’t take the lack of replies as no response and don’t stop posting. People are reading they’re just not writing about what they read and I am probably the biggest culprit of them all.

To all who post poems and get no reply from me I apologize most sincerely for my lack of response

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Questions and Puzzles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary